For Sue in El Paso

I want to apologize to you for my remarks in the thread of same name several weeks ago. Rather than indulge myself in an orgy of self-recrimination and flagellation, I’ll just say I should have done it right then; my comments were ham-handed and inconsiderate.

I also apologize to the other members who were offended by my childish intransigence in refusing to issue this missive. I’m sorry for the continued turmoil my actions have caused.

The responsibility for this brouhaha lands squarely and solely on me.
Nickrz

As private citizen and SDMB GQ Mod

Good job, Nickrz:

A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that he is wiser today than he was yesterday. -Alexander Pope.

Where’s my thesaurus?

The only way to rid yourself of temptation is to yield to it–Oscar Wilde

::reaching out to offer to shake hands::

Apology accepted as far as I am concerned.

Well done, Nickrz.

-Melin

I don’t recall him saying he was sorry to you, Melin.

You can be happy he appologized to the person he did, but you cannot accept a damn thing. Unless you’re Sue’s spokesperson or something…

Yer pal,
Satan

I can certainly see where Melin could see this as applying to her. She was the one that pushed hardest for an apology.

Fair enough…

Yer pal,
Satan

Dammit Nick…does this mean you’re not going to be mean anymore? sigh

trisha

Thank-you, Nickrz. Your gracious apology is accepted. Thank-you, too, for including people who got caught in the cross-fire.

I would like to apologize to “the moderators”. In some of my recent posts, I have painted all moderators with one brush (and tar & feathers too). That was wrong.

Nickrz made a mistake. That, I hope, is behind us all. Although I disagree with some views expressed by some moderators, I have no bad feelings towards any moderator. They do a good job overall, and I do appreciate the fact that the board is free from spam, as well as the knowledge that extreme & unrepetant jerks can’t ruin this experience for everyone.

I should have made it clearer that the bulk of my criticism was not directed at “the moderators”, but at Ed. I’m not sure yet if he gets it, but his post today did say he welcomed comments but that defining the roles of administrators & moderators was not open to debate. That’s certainly fair enough. I’ve sniped enough, and will be happy to watch & wait.

Sue from El Paso
members.aol.com/majormd/index.html

So glad to have passed your test for approval.

-Melin

I want an apology too!! I read every damn one of these ridiculous threads, a moth drawn inexorably to the fire, unable to turn (or look) away. Damn it! To think of the hours I wasted with these whines and witicisms. Throw me in a dark hole with the highway runnerneckers and the soap opera addicts. I have lost all sense of proportion and propriety and I demand that I apologize immediately!

Sorry for the above. Don’t know what got into me.

Accepted. Can I all be friends now?
:slight_smile:

The best lack all conviction
The worst are full of passionate intensity.

Spiritus said:

I’m sorry you weren’t smart enough to stop reading those threads.
:wink: :wink: :wink: (Oooh, a triple-winker.)

Kudos to all concerned. Being civilized rocks!

My sediments exactly…

A moderator making a pun? You have to lava that. Obsidian at the puter laughing my butt off.
PUN
Was Nickrz stoned when he posted this?

To find civilized rocks, you’d have to check out Star Trek, the Horta episode IIRC. :slight_smile:

I think we Horta stone you for that one, Poly. (Would that cement our friendship?)

These puns are way to quarrysome to write down on my slate.