Forgot a joke? Ask here

We’ve all thought of a joke and remembered the punchline, but forgot the actual joke. This thread is for seeking help remembering jokes you forgot.

I’m not sure this is a joke, but it’s what prompted me to start this thread. It involves an Irish farmer who could not get his mule into his hut because the door was too short. The ‘punchline’ is he cut off the mule’s lower legs.

Possibly it is a variant of this joke: An Irish farmer had a mule whose ears were so long, that every time he put him into the stable, the mule grazed his ears on the top of the doorway. So, the farmer decided to knock six inches off the wall over the doorway. “Why don’t you take away the ledge under the door?” his friend Murphy suggested. “It would be less dangerous and much less expensive.” “You are a right eegit,” the farmer replied. “It’s the mule’s ears that are causing the trouble, not his feet.”

I am sorely tempted to invent a preposterous fake punchline for a non-existent joke (“The monkey didn’t have any eyebrows!”) and see if someone comes along and improvises a joke for the punchline. :grin:

Definitely. Thanks.

That might be fun. Start a thread for it?