Forward, March! in the MMP

I think much of the glitter in San Francisco came from us in that parade. The confetti people had a large blower that they’d dump handfuls of confetti into. I’m surprised we didn’t short out the overhead electric bus wires with some of the sparkly clouds they made.

I saw sparkly clouds a few times back in the day. :smiley:

Dindin is et. Leftovers for N.O.L. tomorrow for both of us so yay.

Bear is yawny. Rain has stopped and sun out.

Bear post like Frankenstein.

My Dark, Satanic Mill is to be closed tomorrow; I won’t be leaving the house.
Spidey, Vunderboob, you know that I only tease people I like! =)
PLEASE EMAIL BEER! Oh, and food, yeah, food.

Bob.
Vunderbob.

The sun came out and I saw blue sky. The temp has climbed all the way to 21°!!! We didn’t shovel. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not.

**FCD **did clear a path for Higgs - for some reason, if she doesn’t pee on the carpet, she likes to pee on leaves. So he uncovered some leaves. Supper has been ingested, and I think I’ll assume the knit position. I’m about halfway thru a bright yellow shawl - very sunny!

Step Daughter (v.2.0) had a Miniature Sheltie who would follow her buddy, a German Shepherd through the New Hampshire snow to do her business.

Don’t forget to email beer!
=)

All last week thru Fri: a foot is coming :eek:, sometime over the weekend they lowered it to 6", the rain started just when they said it would but I only used one hand on the shovel this morning as it was < 1". However, the roads were just bad enough that I got to work in sweats from the web today. At this rate, we may actually have green grass (& not white grass we’ve had since mid-Jan) before St. Drunky’s Day in two weeks.

As for parades, I am a professional.
I have been involved in about three dozen but have only marched in two of them. Some I only setup, some I drove or rode & the rest I got to walk backwards (but I don’t think one marches backwards, do they?) As short as two times around a parking lot to as long as 2½+ miles. Many of the 'Merikun Mumpers may have caught a glimpse of me (or my team) at one of 'em!

as requested

The sun came out about an hour before sunset. 'Tis now 57 Amurrkin out. The high tomorrow will be 50 Amurrkin. Weather be weird.

In other news, I believe I shall go lie upon the bed and watch teevee until sleepy time.

Nitey Nite Y’all!

Home and relaxing. I was fortunate that I didn’t have to work overtime in the snow today.

As much as I bitch sometimes about the station I have to admit at least they allow me the chance to gamble on a weird story idea.

Today I tossed this one together in a few minutes before heading out to shoot a real story…

That was great, my fave…

“I didn’t know it was red light optional day on Connecticut Avenue”

Thanks

Jim

First on 2!

January, 1976, Ft. Devens Massachusetts. I was in the Army, I had first shift class, 6:00AM to noon.

Coldest temperatures I ever experienced. One dark morning, i t was minus 33 degrees Fahrenheit, and we had to march a mile to class. Only to get there and find out that the pipes in the building had frozen and we couldn’t have class. By the time a bus was called I couldn’t feel my feet and missed(I think) frostbite by that much.

Don’t ever go to Massachusetts in January.

Irked and had a pretty good day dealing with customers. I usually hide in my
Office. Sleepy and tired

Night all. :eek:

<- Kermit being sodomized by the cookie monster. =)

Slow night at work. Mad it home OK. after I shipped my car out of the ice.

“Squeal like Miss Piggy!”:smiley:

Up, caffeinated, off to work.

Happy Toosday!

Up too early, it’s cold and white outside. I doubt there will be any melting today.
Today is pizza day and laundry day. I really need to do laundry. I don’t want to do laundry but I need to. Of course I don’t want to do anything right now, it’s way too early to be up.

**tugig **- have you considered switching to decaf?? :wink: Cute clip, tho!

**Baker **- I’m guessing it’s not unlike RI in January. I was no longer having to march in Jan 1980, but I didn’t have a car and I was in Newport for training, so I got to stroll thru the cold for the month that the stoopit class lasted. Not fun at all.

According to the thermometer outside my garage, it’s about 6° right now. My weather gadget says 10°, but they lie!!! But on last night’s news, the weather guy’s map showed that our area got 3" of the evil white stuff, and I think that’s pretty accurate. Bottom line - it’s freekin’ cold out there!!! :eek: But Higgs did find herself a little spot to squat, so there’s that.

I’ve got a dentist appointment at 8:40 - I’ll try calling around 8 to see if they’re going to be open. It’s less than 4 miles away, but I don’t need to drive for no reason. That’s not really a double negative, altho it reads awkwardly. I mean that I need to have a reason to drive. Maybe it is a double neg?? Don’t care.

It’s Tuesday, it’s getting light out, and I don’t have to go to work today. Happy Tuesday!!!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffienatin’. YAWN 'Tis 43 Amurrkin out and misty/foggy with a predicted high of 50 for the day. We also have a POLLEN ALERT. Does this mean that pollen will attack me as soon as I step outside?

gigity HEE! That was great.

Happy Mardi Gras/Shrove Tuesday! Tonight is pancakes, bacon and snausage night over to the church house. Lookin’ forward to that. I am the bacon and snausage chef.

Ok, that’s all I got for now. I need more caffiene and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, alas and alack, irk purtification must commence.

Happy Tuesday Y’all!

Blah. All they talk about on the radio is the stupid March Break that I don’t get off. :mad:
Bah. I liked the old “mad” smiley better. It was funnier.