Fuck you, Nashvillian drivers! It's just fucking snow!!!

Fuck every last one of you stupid shits that don’t know how to handle winter driving!!! Every last interstate and side road in Nashville is at a standstill because YOU have to get home faster than everyone else and you wind up smashing into the drivers trying to be safe. Right now, there are no more policemen available to work wrecks, no more tow trucks to haul your asses out, ambulances can’t get to emergencies. All of this is true, by the way, not just my making wildass assumptions, at least being reported on the radio.

I decided to go home. Well, the office closed so it was decided for me. And I can’t even get out on the road because no one can move. So here I am back in the office ranting! Fuck, people, I don’t see Minnesota falling apart when it snows. They’ve done just fine. It is humanly possible to get from point a to point be when it snows! Do it for fuck sake!!!

Someone owes me a hotel room and room service, cause I’m gonna be stuck here for a while.

And it’s on it’s way here to Charlotte! Hooray! I know I’ll be staying inside for a day or two. The panic that snow brings here is incredible to me (a former Upstate NY Yank). Man alive, people just drive like maniacs- you couldn’t pay me to get on the Interstate tomorrow morning when it hits.

Sorry you’re stuck, Max :frowning:

Man, I live about a mile from campus, and it was all I could do to get home. MTSU cancelled classes for the first time in like 30 years.

I wouldn’t mind so much if I had some food here and my TV hadn’t gone out.

Damn.

Sure hope you all stocked up on bread, milk, and toilet paper!!

I love being in southern cities when it snows. It makes me giggle. They are completely clueless.

I lived in San Diego, and they had a hard time driving in DRIZZLE fer cryin’ out loud!

Oh, and here I was all smart and stocked up on groceries well in advance. Yep, got lots of movies I haven’t watched, food to eat, even got my dog some food last night. I just can’t get to any of it.

Traffic has been stopped on the interstate for 4 hrs according to the radio. Someone shoot me.

Too much Carnage Max? :slight_smile:

Yeah, roads were hellacious in Ohio too. I just got a ride home with an inexperienced 16-year-old friend of mine, so my “pucker” factor was rather high.

I hate driving in snow.

Have you noticed that it’s usually the guy in the biggest fucking SUV on the market, that ends up in a ditch?

Notice to SUV drivers: 4 wheel drive does not make you God. You still have to slow the fuck down, no matter how big your truck is. Ice is slippery even if your vehicle does weigh eleventy million pounds. And driving your huge ass truck up my ass in a blizzard will not make me go faster, if your truck is so bad-ass drive in the non-plowed lane.

That is all.

Same phenomenon here. However, there are at least a few like-minded Yankees (us included) or even Canadians residing here that can drive in snow; at least that helps a bit against the onslaught of inexperienced drivers.

I’m just laughing at the reports of all the 2 wheel drive SUV’s getting caught, while my Max’s little Saturn is making it through. Glad I’m stuck at home with a bad back.

I work at the Nashville Int. Airport, & live in Murfreesboro. 30=odd miles.

2 1/2 hours.

I’m lucky I’m safe.

Do they still have “Snowbird” to warn of all the bad weather on the TV in Nashville?

Yeah. It makes me giggle too, when I see the cars with Northern Tags in the ditch. Cars on snow+lack of plows+overnight freezing=Ice.

Yeah, we have Snowbird on channel 4. Snow is still falling here, not as heavy, but it’s still at about an inch per hour. Looks like we’ll get about 6.5 inches.

What pisses me off is that I work in a call center here in Nashville and every last customer service representative just went home. Pussies! Just because it’s snowing doesn’t mean we don’t have customers to help! You’re a lot safer here at your desk than you are on I-40 right now!

So it’s me and the other supervisor doing the work of 13 people today.

The funny thing is, one of our analysts left here at 9:30 this morning and she just called in - she’s not home yet. Should’ve stayed at work, maybe, where we’ll all nice and warm and dry and fed? Then, by the time your shift was over, most of the traffic would have cleared. Fool.

You people act like you’ve never seen snow before. Pisses me off. Get back to work.

So, you’re not having as much fun as HillbillyQueen?

Well, over here in Knoxville, UT didn’t shut down…their reasoning is that we’re primarily a residential campus (for undergrads anyway), but professors do have the option to cancel classes.

I had both of my classes today (potential rant about one in the making…I’m just not sure that I’m worked up enough about it to rant) and made it home fine. Sure, it took me 45 minutes to go 5 miles and the last 2 blocks were the only ones I felt were at all worrisome (up a steep hill), but everyone else was slowing down so I did too. And I would have anyway, even if they hadn’t.
Now I think I need some lunch…popcorn is sounding delightfully tasty and ever so healthy.

Tell you what … you don’t make fun of the way we drive in winter weather, and we won’t make fun of you when you try to make cornbread.