Game of Thrones 2.04 "Garden of Bones" 4/22 No Book Spoilers

I don’t think the dragons would like that.

They’re too small right now to do anything about it. Isn’t that why she didn’t show them?

I think it would be unwise to assume that. They are docile because they are in the care of Daenerys, but who knows what they are capable of if she, or they, are threatened?

Yeah but that does not explain why Dany would not show them to The Thirteen. Either she was hiding the fact that they are too small to be protected and she’s a dumb ass for not showing them because they can be taken once she is dead or she’s a dumb ass for not showing them because. . .??? and they won’t be taken once she’s dead.

Not showing them made no sense at all.

It’s also possible that the dragons can’t yet survive without Dany, as she is “the mother of dragons”, so the “kill her and take the dragons” plan might very soon result in having three very unique but otherwise useless small corpses.
I love love LOVE this show, but I actually thought this was one of the weaker episodes… in particular, much as I love some female nudity, I thought the scene with Joffrey and the whores was just totally unnecessary. We already knew he was a sadistic bastard, and given the scene with Sansa, we even got the idea there were sexual overtones to it. This was one of the rare cases where the boobies felt truly gratuitous and, frankly, a bit boring.
By the way, since this is the no-book-spoiler thread, I’m very curious if any non-book-readers have predictions as to where they think things are going this season… make them now, and you’ll look like a genius in a few months if you’re right!

No idea where things are going… But to be fair, I’m not 100% clear on what’s happened so far.

But Dany would still be dead, hence her decision not to show them is about as dumb as Ned’s decision to tell Cescei what he was up to.

I liked the scene between Littlefinger and Catelyn. Littlefinger loses control for the first time in the show but quickly gathers himself, calculates the angles and figures out how to proceed. Catelyn was great in the scene too.

Hope we see more of that nurse who bandied words with Robb. What was her name?

Quarth is the most beautiful place we have seen so far and a relief from the drabness that is Westeros.

Too late for edit:
That black guy’s ‘I like your moxie!’ move to let her in the city was a cheap move. Show the dragons or add to the Garden of Bones. It’s not like the city of Qarth isn’t known for letting people die outside it’s walls.

Remember how incredibly valuable the dragons are. Even the dragon’s eggs are enough to buy an army. An actual live dragon would be worth vastly more.

The Quarthians can’t afford to attack Dany because they don’t know how to control the dragons and keep them alive. Dany has a strong hand and she wants to show the Quarthians that she knows it. It’s a bit of a bluff but far from crazy.

Well, there are a bunch of people. And they talk a lot. And some kid is king, and a bunch of other people want to be king. And there are some dragons, and a smoke-monster baby involved, too. And a lot of the people seem to be moving around, but some are not moving much at all. This all happens in short spurts between the sex scenes. :slight_smile:

Did anyone see the SNL spoof on GoT last week? Not this last Saturday, but the week before. Damn, that was funny!!

Might have been cheap but the motivation was there – now he’s Dany’s only friend.

I think she would have caved if Zo Zan Zee (WTF?) hadn’t stepped up.

Does anyone have a link to this?

First of all, I have to say I don’t think there has ever been a more brutal, hardcore, and tension-filled hour in the history of television. This was truly epic. I’m stunned that some people found fault with it or thought it was one of the weaker episodes.

As an unspoilered non-book-reader, I predicted from the first episode of this season (right here in these threads) that it would be Stannis’ claim to the throne that would be successful due to the powers of Melisandre, as she and her powers are the natural foil to Dany and her dragons. How could anything currently in Westoros even compete? And afterall, it’s Stannis and Melisandre’s shadow baby and Dany and her dragons that are the two most legitimate heirs to the throne amongst all the claimants.

Wow. I find the opening theme song, and the small elements of it used throughout the show, to be powerful, memorable, and very well done. “Epic” is exactly the word I would use for the music. I guess I could be just having a Pavlovian response to it, but I don’t think so - I REALLY like the music!

For those interested, here is a great article on the opening title sequence.

Yeah, a whole lot of nasty torture in this ep. Did not like. Granted, it was all authentically medieval in its awfulness, but still … bleargh.

Too. . . many. . .username/post. . . jokes. System. . . overloading. . .

Loved watching Tyrion step in to save Sansa, particularly the “That was a threat. See the difference?” bit with the Kingsguard and Bronn. Cersei’s face is more expressive this season, but Dany’s is less, somehow. Make with the facial expressions, girl!

Here’s a Link explaining why there is no link.

Every time I start to figure things out, I see boobs and forget everything again.