Game of Thrones 2.08 "The Prince of Winterfell" 5/20 No Book Spoilers

Lannisters always pay their debts. I don’t think that extends to promises in general.

The lord of that castle was Jon Arryn, the Hand of the king before Ned. A large portion of Season 1 is devoted to investigating who (if anyone) killed him, but I sure don’t remember the answer being Jaime.

I believe that Cat received a note from her sister to the fact that she believed the Lannisters killed her husband early in season 1. That was in fact the catalyst for Ned’s suspicions.

On the other hand, her sister is batshit insane. Granted, if Jaime shows up at that castle and the people who live there believe he (or his family) killed their former lord, some dropping-through-a-hole might ensue…

And then Jamie requests a trial by combat and beats the crap of whatever knight crazy lady has left :stuck_out_tongue:

This entire series could be called “Ned Stark’s fuckups”. If I start listing them all, it will take me till next season but ones which became apparent in the last two episode are not sending Robb to the nightswatch along with Jon, not dumping Cat into a well when he had the chance and not making Arya and or Bran his heir.

Even money those two are bastards. Too much sense to have emerged from Ned’s loins.

Don’t fool yourself. Arya is just Rickon without access to walnuts.

Problem: Someone has stolen your dragons and is keeping them at the House of the Undying.

Solution: Burn down the House of the Undying. After all, it won’t hurt the dragons.

What am I missing?

Multi-locating stabby warlocks?

So the better alternative is to go into the home of the stabby warlocks?

… and, this being HBO, then take off your clothes. :slight_smile:

I would imagine warlocks are a little less stabby if you don’t burn their house down.

One thing I don’t understand is why do the warlocks want her in the House of the Undying anyway? They already have her dragons (I presume); why do they need her?

The dragons presumably would be more docile if she were around - she may be even necesary for their growth, as it was her magical Targaryn juju that hatched them.

I don’t know why, but I found Stannis’ deadpan delivery hilarious. “First we ate the horses, since we weren’t riding anywhere. Then we ate the cats. Never liked cats.”

I thought it was funny when Stannis told the other guy that if Stannis became king, he would appoint the other guy Hand to the King, given that this is the guy whose fingers he removed.

I wonder if he even finished eating his onions before he chopped off his fingers.

He probably got sick of the onions and just wanted some finger food. :rolleyes:

You should always chop off the fingers AFTER eating the onions! Everyone knows that!

That bit reminded me of Holly from Red Dwarf when he talks about the dog’s milk.

I was absolutely expecting him to finish with “Then there was my wife. She was dying, half-mad with hunger. Not much meat on her, but we ate her.”

Well, the girl thinks nothing of sending her pet assassin at people, or using his own religion against him and… oh wait, you didn’t mean that kind of bastard :stuck_out_tongue: