Ghost ship full of cannibal rats about to crash into coast

Ghost ship full of cannibal rats could be about to crash into Devon coast

Well, or maybe the Scottish coast. Or Ireland. Or Cornwall. What do you mean “it was a slow news day”?

I personally would buy the DVD of this “based on a true story” film…

Not just any old cannibal rats, though. “Disease-ridden cannibal rats.”

And presumably “*Inbred *disease-ridden cannibal rats.” !

Bet the headline writer needed a cigarette after that one.

And apparently * thousands* of inbred disease-ridden cannibal rats according to the author of the article who has no idea how the laws of thermodynamics work.

Really, unless they started with tens of thousands of rats, I’m not sure how this is supposed to work.

Being cannibals wouldn’t they eventually kill themselves off?

Man, that’s an headline that oversells itself. They couldn’t even manage one of those pictures of what a diseased cannibal rat “might” look like?

One hopes that Mycroft has already put Holmes on the Case of the Giant Rat(s) of Canada.

In general, the second half of the article seems to make it clear that nothing in the headline or first half of the article is actually true. Real headline looks like it should be closer to: “Ship that might have had some rats on it probably sank ages ago.”

Oh, please. It’s a Soviet ship. Nothing would work, including the ropes that tied it to shore.

“Cannibal Rats” - either

Band name! or

Is that Hannibal Lecter’s sister?

It still sounds better than the average Carnival cruise.

Eventually, along with their rat bastards…

More to the point, if Ireland has any rat problem, this ship is obviously the solution. The cannibal rats eat the indigenous rats, and then each other, and then die off when winter comes. Or is that the rat-eating gorillas?

Ireland might import snakes to get rid of the rats.

The nerve of some people! And I don’t mean the headline writer, I mean you for crushing all our hopes with that post. :slight_smile:

Nuke it from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure.

Writer: “Ship adrift at sea.”
Editor: “Boring.”
Writer: “Filled with cannibal rats!”
Editor: “I like!”

I for one welcome our new damn, dirty, inbred, disease-ridden cannibal rats!

This presupposes that the rats are in fact European Royal Rodents.

Generations of rats marrying their first cousins have produced an entire planet’s worth of hemopheliac rats. Ironic, no, that they carry the black plague AND hemophelia ?

And don’t even get me started about the cannibalism.