Ghosts (US Version): Who Got Sucked Off In Season 2 Cliffhanger (open spoilers for US and UK even in the OP)

Season 2 of the US version ended with a cliffhanger. Sam and Jay were outside the mansion, talking privately, when Sam saw a beam of light go through the house - and indication that someone has been “sucked off,” as the ghosts call it. Who was it?? That’s the cliffhanger.

I think it’s Flower, and here’s why. The US version occasionally has some throwbacks to the UK version. For example, both versions have characters that are the same (Pat/Pete), or are very similar (Fanny/Heddy), or are only similar conceptually (Robin/Thorfinn or The Captain/Isaac). They’ve also had some plot crossover, like when the UK ghosts tried valiantly to convince Mike that there were burglars in the house, while the American ghosts tried valiantly to convince Jay that Sam was in the safe.

So with all that being said: I think it’s Flower. Flower’s UK equivalent, if she could be called that, is Mary, the medieval-era woman who was burned at the stake. Both women are, well, dumb, Mary a product of her time, Flower from all the drugs. Mary got sucked off in Series 4 (I haven’t seen it yet (stupid HBO Max) but I read about it somewhere).

There’s also the outside possiblity that the whole thing was a feint and it was a rando cholera ghost that got sucked off.

This could also be a Production gambit, any of the actors that are holding out for more money can be the one Sucked Off.

Assuming this is a story driven plot device though, a more pleasant things to assume, I actually think Hetty is most likely. She has shown the most growth and now has owned up to the murder by her son. I hope it isn’t her though as she is a great character.

The Brit Captain or Isaac are strong possibilities. They are very happy and have shown growth.

One of the cholera ghosts or the teen ghost would be easy ones, but a bit of a cop-out. Also we saw the headless motorcycle ghost in the pilot and I think one other time. It could be him, but also a cop-out of course.

I agree and I’m kind of pissed about it. I want season 4.

Who was Sucked off?
  • Pete Martino the Scout Troop Leader
  • Henrietta “Hetty” Woodstone, the uptight lady of the manor
  • Captain Isaac Higgintoot
  • Alberta Haynes, a flamboyant Prohibition-era Lounge singer
  • Trevor Lefkowitz, pantless stockbroker bro
  • Susan Montero/“Flower”, a cheerful and sweet but naive and forgetful hippie
  • Thorfinn/“Thor”, Viking from Norway and the oldest of the ghosts
  • Sasappis/“Sass”, a cynical Lenape Native American
  • “Crash”, Headless Biker ghost
  • Cholera Victim Nancy
  • A different Cholera ghost
  • Nigel Chessum, the Redcoat leader and Isaac’s lover.
  • Stephanie, a teenage ghost
0 voters

@HeyHomie, is this the poll you wanted? Did I miss anyone? I can still change it or move it into your OP.

You must have missed some of this season. One of the later episodes is directly about him.

We had a DVR glitch, combine with the CBS weird Pre-empts we missed 2 episodes I think, including S2 E19 · Ghost Father of the Bride which looked like a great one.

That’s the poll I wanted, thank you.

Nancy is the only cholera ghost who ever really contributes anything to the plot (and even then, it’s only obliquely). That being said, I absolutely love Betsy Sodaro, the actress who portrays her. Disjointed on Netflix just straight offended the critics, and it failed to find an audience, but I loved that show, and Dank & Dabby in particular (she played Dabby).

Cool, I made the connection between the 2 threads.
I made a small tutorial in your other thread for making polls.

Pantless Trevor. He probably asked to be sucked off, but possibly not in that way. (I’m kind of surprised at the somewhat raunchy language in the show in what used to be the “family hour”.)

Yeah, I’m surprised that one made it past the censors, too.

Airs 9pm on the East Coast. I don’t think that is the family hour and never was.

Also the language really isn’t that raunchy.

Just chiming into say that’s a helluva thread title to someone who has no idea about the show.

If you haven’t figured it out from the context, “sucked off” is what the ghosts (in both versions) call ascending to Heaven, or moving on, or whatever you want to call it.

Airtimes vary depending on the local station but I don’t think 9pm is the standard. Most places I’ve been Young Sheldon airs at 8pm, while Ghosts airs at 8:30pm.

I agree; either Hetty or perhaps Alberta?

I thought Alberta was going to get sucked off as soon as she learned who her murderer was. Maybe God (or whomever is the CEO of Sucking Off) is running behind.

TPtB probably are self-aware enough to realize that “Let’s get rid of the one black character” isn’t a good look.

Same logic probably protects Sass and Isaac.

I don’t gaf about Isaac, but Sass is one of my favorite ghosts.

Hetty, Sass & Flower are all great.
Thor & Pete and good
The rest are OK.

Honorable mention to Nancy as my favorite semi-regular.

Jeez, I thought “spoilers to follow” meant after the OP. I haven’t seen the Brit S.4 yet since we no longer have HBO Max but I figured I’d get to it one way or another. Oh well. God speed you to your final reward, Mary.

Anyway, interesting analysis that Flower = Mary. I had assumed that Mary had no equivalent and Flower was an American original. But it makes sense.

Also, was Mary burned at the stake? As a simple scullery maid, I thought she had died in a random fire. But it’s been awhile since we watched the Brit version.

Question RE: Trevor: the Brit version of he pantsless guy died having sex, which explains his pantslessness. But Trevor has repeatedly
mentioned dying because he was doing something callled “The Hero”. So what is that and how did he die? Is that a name for a sex move or something else?