Ghosts (US Version): Who Got Sucked Off In Season 2 Cliffhanger (open spoilers for US and UK even in the OP)

Short version: he gave his pants to someone who needed them.

My money is on Alberta - the pod cast is over, Tod is on a cruise, the murderer identified, etc - her Story, overall, is complete.

Of course, it would entirely suck if thats who is gone.

I could see it being Nigel - finally happy - won’t be Higgentooth as he will have to deal with stuff for quite a while.

How did Sass die?

We still don’t know how Hetty died, Trevor and the rest still have tons of unfinished business.

Don’t forget - the light could just as well be a new visitor being dropped off.

Yes, I’m all but certain it was revealed that she died of being burned at the stake. They play up her PTSD for laughs (nothing funny about a slow, painful, and unjust death, but hey, it’s been a few centuries so why not), and I think her fanatical superstitiousness, also played for laughs, is part and parcel to her whole being burned at the stake for witchcraft. FWIW, Wiki “confirms” she was burned at the stake.

Unless I’m mistaken, it hasn’t been revealed. I was going to suggest smallpox but a) too soon, and b) he’s not covered in … pox.

Prom girl?

That is Stephanie, a teenage ghost.

Also, I can no longer change the poll.

To put it another way: who isn’t a main character, and would have the most impact on a main character by disappearing?

I don’t think it’s a main ghost. I think it’s most likely it’s Nigel. There’d be emotional impact for both the viewers and Isaac. I don’t want it to be him, but it seems the most likely. Yeah, I’d rather it be Crash or random attic/cellar/shed ghost but it probably won’t be. I could see it being no one, that one of the ghost powers we haven’t seen activated and they’re basically a glow worm. Also, we saw Hetty’s husband go down and return. Maybe no one got sucked off permanently.

I don’t think it’s a main ghost either, unless someone is making noise about renegotiating their contract.

The show only just concluded its second season; doesn’t that mean it’s too early for contract negotiations? I thought the contracts for television show casts were set in advance for several years. And this isn’t Friends; I doubt any one cast member is so crucial that the show can’t just let them go.

It’s never to early for a cast member to be dissatisfied with their contract.

Well, the good news is if someone is leaving the show, we’re likely to find out in the entertainment news. (For example, “Ghosts actor signs deal to star in new Marvel movie.”)

Did we hear Pete make an ethnic slur in the Pete’s Wife episode? When wife Carol visits Woodstone to commemorate Pete’s death, she unexpectedly brings Pete’s best friend / her now husband, Jerry, along. Pete calls him “Jerry Bean”. To me that sounds like someone saying “jelly bean” in a faux Asian accent. I recall a time in the 80s when we thought it was funny to mock Japanese people( mostly their driving and accents). Maybe my own guilt over that is making me oversensitive, but the second I heard that line, that’s what I thought of. If it’s not that, what’s the joke?

Sheila Carrasco, the actor who plays Flower, is pregnant. This information has been out there since July 2023, but apparently I just now noticed it.

I’m not saying that this is definitive proof that Flower got sucked off. Hell, they may just work around her pregnancy by hiding her abdomen behind furniture, having her in fewer scenes, etc. But something to consider.

I’d say it was definitively Flower who got sucked off, but since we didn’t actually see it, and the actor was clearly still in flashback scenes, I wouldn’t be surprised if we find out later this season she’s gotten herself lost in the woods or something. It’d be a nice jump scare type of comedy, but then it’s like… who did ascend if they didn’t?

Also. “potato sack wearing hobgoblins” made me laugh for like an hour after I watched it and still now makes me giggle a little

I’m not sure I was laughing so hard I was crying or crying so hard I was laughing.

While I still think daisy will return in a most hilarious way, I think they did a great send off if it doesn’t happen.

Since the episode aired there have been several articles discussing which character got sucked off and why. In one of those articles the producers note that ghosts can show up anywhere once they’re untrapped from the place they died* which wouldn’t preclude the character showing up at the grocery store or some other place.

*Funny, I don’t remember that being pointed out when the ghosts explained to Sam what happened when they were sucked off, but that’s the kind of continuity nitpicking I hate when other people point it out.

That’s not a “continuity nitpick”, that’s a detail that I don’t remember ever being mentioned or used at all in either series.

I would love a manual…

I don’t think that there is any reason for the Ghosts to know. They don’t have all the rules either.

Well that’s a completely new thing they’ve come up with that pretty much goes against everything they’ve previously stated in both the US and UK shows. I guess the ghosts wouldn’t really be able to know what happens after they get “sucked off” but I hope that’s just a miscommunication and not actually what they plan on writing…