God has an odd sense of humour.He selected this Bible verse for me...

There was a Bible verse that was just right to go on the end of a nice email to a fellow female Doper.When I opened my Bible to check the verse,this was the first thing it opened on…

‘Sexual passion is a hot blazing fire that cannot be put out at will,it can only burn itself out.A man who lives for nothing but sexual enjoyment will keep on until that fire destroys him.To such a man all women are desirable and he can never get enough as long as he lives.’

I think someone’s trying to tell me something.

Either me or the recipient :smiley:

At least it wasn’t Revelations 22:12! :smiley:

Well, I don’t want to start any blasphemous rumors, but …

That’s a Bible verse? What manner of Bible, please?

Or Amos 7:17.

That Biblical passage is the last two-thirds of verse 16 and all of verse 17 from Ecclesiasticus 23. Ecclesiasticus is also known as “The Wisdom of Jesus Son of Sirach” or just as “Sirach.” It’s part of the Apocrypha, so it’s canonical to Catholics but not to Protestants. I don’t know what translation it comes from.

It’s the Good News one…
I prefer Revelation 18:3

The whore of Virginia doesn’t quite have the same ring to it though :slight_smile:

cough, flirts heavily with Iceland :wink:

Bible quotes are like the horoscope and the tax code. When you think a passage is just right for you, you will soon be disbused of that notion.

Or disabused, your choice.

Checks to see who’s looking…flirts back :smiley:
So welcome Whore of Virginia :smiley:

Or anything from Song of Songs!

Although I always thought the comparison of the young maiden’s teats to gazelles was pretty romantic…