GOD is not a girl

Etc etc etc

<blink>NEWS FLASH!!!</blink>
In today’s late-breaking news, this just arrived on my desk: it seems that there just might be … let me make sure I’m reading this correctly… yes, it says there might be OTHER religions out there, besides Christianity! It also says that many people may have their own ideas about god separate from any established religion. Wow. Imagine that! Now back to your scheduled thread…

>^,^<
“Cluemobile? You’ve got a pickup…”
OpalCat’s site: http://fathom.org/opalcat
The Teeming Millions Homepage: fathom.org/teemingmillions

OpalCat For Goddess in 2000!

C#3 posted in his cocksure manner:

The pretentious twit further trolled:

C#3, if you’re “not religious”, then why are you quoting the bible as a source? Wouldn’t you have to be religious to use that as proof?

Also, you need to actually open it up and read what the bible says:

‘Man’ refers to the human race. So does ‘him’, the pronoun for ‘man’ (in English, we would use the plural, but Hebrew uses the singular as part of their idiomatic expression). The author then specifies that ‘man’ (the human race) is made into two genders, and refers to the two genders in the plural, using ‘them.’

Therefore, the argument that God is male because he made ‘man’ in his image is fallacious. The author is clearly using the generic ‘man’ which is male and female. They are in God’s image.

Now, being the trolling jerk that you are, you will undoubtedly rely on the Christian belief (though you’re not religious, you lying sack) of the divinity of Jesus to prove that God is male. Now just because God became enfleshed (incarnated) as a male human, doesn’t prove that God is a male. You need a body to be male. God had to pick a male or female body. Just because he picked a male gender doesn’t mean that God in God’s self is male. Jesus says in that same book:

Jesus is saying that there is no marriage and the sexual pairing that it implies in our resurrected bodies. It is almost as if we will become genderless, or transcend gender in heaven – just like God or the angels.

In fact, one can argue that the risen Christ transcends gender as St. Paul implies:

And, if you’re going to use religious belief (of which you claim to have none, but you nevertheless want to argue belief, you troublemaking dolt) to claim that God is male, let’s check in with the official position of the largest Christian denomination, Roman Catholicism in The Catechism of the Catholic Church:

C#3, if you were religious, it would be a scandal.

You folks are beginning to use your heads!
I knew there was a reason I had you evolve…

BTW, I wouldn’t use “best-selling” as a criterion for authoritative wisdom. The best-selling periodical is TV Guide.

“BTW, I wouldn’t use “best-selling” as a criterion for authoritative wisdom. The best-selling periodical is TV Guide.”

Certainly my choice for authoritative wisdom!

Bite me Moriah. GOD is a man…he’s TennHippie and he lives of course in Tennessee.

P.S. I’ve got your “cocksure” right here!

Contestant #3

Question everything.

Now I know how Brian felt.
Brian: “I’m NOT the Messiah, I’m NOT the Messiah!”
voice in crowd: “Only the TRUE Messiah would deny that he is the Messiah.”
Brian: “All right, then. I AM the Messiah!”
Multitude: “HE IS THE MESSIAH!”

I dunno 'bout you, but one day MINDING my own business eating lunch in a crowded deli, I overheard something really funny, sexist and racist. I didn’t say it…don’t flame me, I’m just sharing what made me spit out my drink.

“I’m convinced that God is a black woman on her first day on the job off of welfare.”

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that, according to the new e-mail addy, GOD is a AOL user?

Mojo…that’s OK. Remember, He checked out Sodom first, too!

Can we then hope for the results? :).

Hey TennHippie – I just noticed that you are from K-town. I’m an Oak Ridge boy myself.

If you are, as C#3 contends, God, I am glad to see that God is a Vol.

Eissclam

GOD (the poster) said:

Just like your predecessor? Must be it goes with the name! :wink:

predecessor?

Back to the original subject, I don’t suppose it has crossed your radar screen that god might take a gender just so he / she could take part in the greatest game ever invented.
Why should an omnipotent omniscient being sit on the sidelines while the rest of us get laid? Think about it, god would be able to hot on command (omnipotent) and would know right where it feels real good (omniscent).
Boogie on down! Maybe I do feel the power after all…

What a stupid thread.
Mere mental masturbation.

Remember that I am all. At any given moment, I’m experiencing millions of orgasms.
And that’s on Earth alone.

Hindus 10, Christians 0.