Goodbye, Molly

Five years ago, we brought home Molly and Scooby, two puppies out of the same litter. Molly was named after Molly Volley, a peanuts character who plays tennis with Snoopy. Scooby was named after Scooby Doo. For two dogs that were brother and sister and had never been apart from each other, they were somehow as different as two dogs could possibly be. Scooby was always very laid back, sometimes too laid back. He’s the type of dog who is sometimes too lazy to stand up to eat. Molly has always been the complete opposite. She has always been high strung and nervous all the time. We often joked that she needed doggy prozac.

Molly started acting strange a little over a week ago. At first we thought it was just her nervous nature, and didn’t think much of it. We’ve been doing some remodeling and she couldn’t lay down in the room that is usually her favorite room to sleep in. When she refused to eat, we realized that she was sicker than we had thought, so we took her in to the vet. At first she responded well to treatment, and I thought she would be home in a few days. Then, things took a turn for the worse, and today we had to have her put to sleep.

She was always a nervous dog, but she was a friendly dog that was filled with love. She was more than just a pet. She was a part of our family. She will be missed.

Goodnight, Molly my dear. Sweet dreams.

:frowning:

Good night, sweetheart. You were too young to leave, but you were loved while you were here.

:: extra scritchies for poor Scooby ::

Losing a pet is never easy. I hope you feel better soon, and that Scooby doesn’t get down.

So sorry… :frowning:

Aww, that is Teh Sux. How is Scooby handling it?

For those who are interested, here is a pic of Scooby and Molly. Molly is the one on the right (with white on her fur).

http://home.comcast.net/~sokosfamily/scoobyandmolly1.jpg

Scooby seems like he doesn’t know what to do with himself, which isn’t surprising. Scooby and Molly were together since birth. They would get upset when one of the kids would take one for a walk and not the other.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. The loss of a beloved pet is a deep sadness.
Sending supporting thoughts your way.

Awww, blue and purple collars, just like our two. We brought Dottie home as a puppy when Phyllis was 2, and they’ve been together for the 6 years since then, pretty much separated only for vet appointments and the like. It will be a very sad day when they must be separated forever.

I am remembering when Miss Emily lost her sleeping buddy. She had weepy eyes and kept trying to climb into Mr. S’s shirt. Can’t tell me she didn’t miss her friend.

I’m sure you are giving Scooby extra lovin’.

I’m sorry, engineer_comp_geek. :frowning: Losing a furry family member is never easy, and losing them too soon is worse. Hopefully you and Scooby can help each other through it. :frowning:

(I shouldn’t read these threads at work. Pet passings always get to me.)

“Good girl, Molly, I scritch thee gently behind the ear.”
Maddie bounds over to show off where the hole in the fence is that leads to the creek that has all of the tennis balls in it.

That’s an incredibly sweet picture. I’m sorry for your loss. :frowning: