In the Pit, yeah the Pit,
The Barbecue Pit with this month’s mini-rants

(Halle-, Halle-)

Asshats and lazies
And anti-vax crazies
Are in for scorched pants
They don’t stand a chance
With Pit mini-rants.! *

My mini-rant is that what I had thought was a minor yeast outbreak on my skin turned out to be a full-blown fungal infection that needs to be treated with oral meds for three weeks before I can have my hip replaced.

My mini rant is that you are literally the worst human being on the planet for not giving the thread my title. :mad:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Is that all? Stick around. Within 48 hours, I’ll probably be the worst person in the world for unleashing that earworm. :smiley:

Why yes, I DO have August gripes, stemming from July, of course.

When I get them all in order-- and maybe calm the hell down about everything-- I’ll list them.

We’re starting with looking for new job, so that’s always a fun one. Are there any other industries like Post Production where finding a new job less than every three years happens all the freaking time?

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

My African violet caught a parasite from my spider plant. Fortunately it looks like it’s easy to treat, but that spider plant’s going to live outside until the first frost.

Ah, a musical rant!

Plus you beat me to it, kaylasdad. I was just trying to think of something witty for a title and came up blank, so I decided to get another cup of coffee :wink:

Rant: I’m sick of A/C. I want to throw open ALL THE WINDOWS and let FRESH AIR into the entire house but nooooo, I have to consider huskies and a husband who abhors the tinest hint of humidity. The dogs can’t help it. I’m tempted to shove the next electric bill up hubby’s nose, though.

With the heat and humidity over the last couple of weeks, I’ve had basically a non-stop migraine. Not much the doc can do to break it for good, so I just cope.

Yesterday, I had three whole hours without ANY head pain. That was nice.

But on waking up today, a WHAMMO to the right temple and the middle of my forehead. I’ve taken the full compliment of drugs (Relpax, Aleve, and Sudafed) and had a cup of coffee. Now to wait…

My best friends are all in Vegas for a Bachelor party and I had to cancel at short notice because I’m ill, even though I’m the best man and I organised the whole fucking thing.

The person sitting to the computer next to mine doesn’t seem to understand the phrase NO CELL PHONE USE IN THE LIBRARY.

Damn. That sucks in spades :frowning:

May I suggest Midol? I used to have a friend who swore by it for his migraines.

I’m hoping today isn’t as irritating as yesterday. No big problems, just a lot of little annoyances, with seemingly just about everyone gleefully tap-dancing on my last nerve.

We have water fountains for the critters. The fountains all fill from the top of the tank. The top of the tanks have plastic covers. One of our rotten cats has decided that she is too good to drink from the bowl or the waterfall. She has to use her claws to pry the top off the tank so she can drink from there. This is annoying enough, but every so often as she’s clawing the top of the tank, she manages to knock the whole thing over.

Does she come and tell us, Noooooooooo! We have to walk into the room and see the wet floor. Its even better at night if we have the lights off and step into the water.

Could people stop using the argument “well, what have you done about this?” because if we all have to go out and actively do something about a subject or provide credentials or a resume before we could discuss our feelings and opinions about it then this board, hell the whole of the internet, would be a pretty lonely place. It strikes me as a “well, the mod just told is to stop insulting people so this is the only way I can ad hominen you now. Neener, neener!” comment.

From last month:

Given the many threads on “how do you pronounce…” and that nobody seems to agree on how to transcribe their own pronuciations, I’m afraid I agree that it’s not gonna happen.

Mind you, having different pronunciations by region seems to happen in a lot of languages. I don’t know enough to tell about the transcription issue.

Midol has acetaminophen in it, same as my Percocet, so I don’t want to double-dip. TY, though.

Hope your day was better than the last.

Hahahahaha! Sorry, I’m always amazed at what the little darlings get up to.

I used to have a nifty water bowl that held a 2-litre bottle. I’d rinse out diet ginger ale bottles and use them.

Until Baxter decided that the water going “glug, glug” was interesting, and started moving the 2-litre bottle around to get that cool noise, which of course culminated in him spilling the entire bottle of water onto the floor.

(I took to freezing the 2-litre bottles filled with water, which helped some, but he still pulled the bottle out once thawed.)

I had today off, so yeah :). Even managed to miss out on some excitement a co-worker texted me about. Seems a huge rat had gotten in with the donated clothes and died.

Today I saw someone use “world wind” when they meant “whirlwind”. I was good, though. I didn’t correct her.

GrumpyBunny, you probably already do this, but for me - adding caffeine to whatever medication I’m trying to use for migraine helps. Usually, if I can down a couple of Excedrin (or generic equivalent - acetaminophen/paracetamol, aspirin, and caffeine) at the first sign of a migraine, I can stave off the worst of the pain. If I don’t have Excedrin handy, I take the medications separately - one tab of each painkiller, with a cup of coffee, tea, or soda. The caffeine makes a noticeable difference.

My gripe today? Between medical appointments, trying to roll over Tony’s retirement account, insurance crap, school enrollment, my son’s apprenticeship, etc., I’m drowning in paperwork. Weren’t we supposed to be a paperless society by now? Why do I have to kill so many trees this month?

I usually take the day off on my birthday. I kinda forgot since I don’t really celebrate it anyway. One drawback I never thought of - I wrote 8-1-70 one paperwork three times today. It’s medical documentation, so I can’t just scratch it out, I have to keep reprinting the documents. Derp!