Grumble du jour

You know what I hate? I hate that they now make fitted sheets extra deep to accomodate the new absurdly thick mattresses. Unfortunately, I have a normally thick mattress, so the fitted sheet doesn’t really fit – and even when I tuck it in by hand, it’s not really taut.

Grumble grumble grumble.

Yeah, well I grumble the opposite – none of our old fitted sheets fit the new mattresses.

At least in your case the sheet will at least go on the mattress, even if it’s floppy and you can’t bounce a quarter off it. In our case we have a closetful of sheets that we wrestle with and still can’t get them to stay on the bed.
I’ll see your grumble grumble grumble and raise you a grumble.

CalMeacham, try sheet straps: Bed Bath & Beyond | The Best Deals Online: Furniture, Bedding, Rugs, Kitchen Essentials & Moree

I’ve got a skinny old mattress too. I bought one of those toppers, so my new sheets fit better and my tired old mattress is more comfortable.

twickster, I put large safety pins in the top corner seams about an inch in. It doesn’t make the bed hospital smooth, but it stops the sheets from climbing off the bed.

Why don’t Cal Meacham and twickster trade sheets? :smiley:

That’s kind of personal, isn’t it? :wink:

Besides, why should I give him my nice, new, gorgeous color, high-thread-count sheets and get old worn out sheets in return? :stuck_out_tongue:

I could use some of those. I just need to find them in T.O.

Because you’d get a generous bount of Cat Hairs as well. All you could pluck off them. Which is quite a bit, in the case of Clarence.
You actually can spin Clarence’s hair into yarn – we’ve proven it. We’re thinking about cxollecting it and spinning it and maybe making something from it, as a return on the investment in all that cat food.

I just want to say that when we bought our new bed, we splurged and bought high-end, high thread count sheets for it, and they are THE BEST MONEY EVER SPENT!!! Years later, and they are barely showing wear. Just one problem, which I have basically figured out now - my greasy husband was greasing up the pillowcases, and they soaked it all up because of the high thread count. I use a little dish soap along with the regular laundry detergent when I wash them now, and that gets the grease out nicely.

Are they 100% cotton? If so, just wash 'em several times and those suckers will shrink like hell. Ours always did, to the point where they wouldn’t fit on the bed anymore.

Stupid sheets shrinking (say that five times fast) so that it’s really hard to get them to stay on the corners of the bed and not come off during the night. Grumble grumble grumble.

You need to weave your cat hair yarn into high thread count sheets with deep pockets. Jeez, how obvious is that? (And have you ever known a cat to have trouble sleeping? Added benefit!)

How old is your mattress, twix? Maybe it’s time to splurge on something new and fluffy!

There is a company that will do that for you…

Just when I thought the internet was as weird as it could get…

You have got to be kidding me. I love my cat as much as the next person, and, yes, he is soft and fluffly like no other, but I would not want to wear his fur as a bikini.

It’s not just on the internet. They’ve had booths at the last couple dog shows I’ve been to at the Cow Palace near San Francisco, complete with scarves and stuff made out of dog hair.

The obvious joke here - I already wear my cat’s fur on all my clothes. :smiley: