Guys: Has a woman ever asked you NOT to use a condom?

Yup, gone through most of what is available with slightly different results and one thing in common, they are all nowhere near as good as without.

That being said, I have on several occasions had to insist on using one. You get things like, “Don’t you think I’m safe?” Several women have taken it as an insult that I would want to protect myself, meaning I think they might have something. Never was a pregnancy concern for me.

Provided they aren’t virgins, they could “have something” and not know it. For that matter, you could “have something” and not know it, although given the way symptoms of most STDs manifest themselves in men vs. in women, this is less likely. Many STDs can remain asymptomatic for years on end: HIV, HPV, herpes, even chlamydia. I just don’t understand why people would take a sensible health precaution as an insult.

If you don’t think sex outside of marriage is wrong, and disease is an unfortunate, but relatively frequent unintended consequence of sex, why would you take your partner’s condom use as a personal insult?

Goodness, yes, Eva. I will not even contemplate having sex unless I’m on the pill. Condom+pill=not as good feeling maybe but much happier me.

I’m considering looking into getting myself fixed, actually. For medical reasons I don’t want to risk getting pregnant. Right now that’s a nonissue, but I’m hoping it becomes one again…

I don’t know anything about difference in heat propagation. I would have thought that the latex ones are so thin that it doesn’t make a difference.

polyurethane can be made thinner, they say, and so transfer more sensation. I can’t say I honestly notice that, either.

What I do notice is that polyurethane is a lot less stretchy, so it’s less forgiving of size mismatches between the condom and you. But it also means that it will “deform” you less, which is a good thing.

On the other hand, if the condom is too small, it also means that you can’t get the damned things on. The Trojans are too small (in diameter) for me. I use the Avanti polyurethane.
By the way, another reason for using opolyurethane is if one or both partners are allergic to latex.

My brother’s girlfriend lied and said she was infertile. Now he’s a father.

Yup. I use them every time now. Former girlfriend was on the pill and we had sex mainly without condoms for about 4 years and no kids or scares. We were both virgins when we met, so there was no disease issue and we trusted the pill as she was religious about taking it.

Now I use them every time even though my girlfriend is on the pill.

You just have to make it clear that the condom doesn’t have anything to do with your respect for them, it’s protection for you and her both. Plus, kids are more expensive than condoms!

(I like the Durex ultra sensation or something like that. They are a bit tight, but I have yet to have one break, unlike the damg Trojans!)

Oh! I’ve got one betterWalloon! A friend of mine from college had a girlfriend who told him that she had had a hystorectomy years earlier due to her having some sort of cancer. So they had unprotected sex.

Now he’s a daddy and they’re married. She calls it her “miracle baby.” Right.

Don’t trust Hooters Girls!

Thank you so much, guys. I mean it, really. I needed a bit of reenforcement for the condom.

It’s nice to hear a few “here’s what could happen” scenarios. I never imagined a woman would actually lie about these things.

Yeah, unless you’re in a committed relationship with the gal, and you’ve both gotten tested for various and sundry, and she’s on the pill, it’s not a sharp move to go without.

There are many dishonest women out there but the guys are not entirely blameless lambs led to the slaughter by harlots. For every girl that lies about being on the pill/infertile there is a guy who swears he’s had a vasectomy/is infertile.

Here’s a little tidbit of advice. If anyone ever hears ‘don’t you trust me?’ from a partner - run!

Well, I had an idea that the condom was a much better idea, but now I have some damn good reasons to keep it on.

I met a woman during a very lonely time in a lonely town during my first job out of college. Anyway, we had sex the first night we met. I just remember that right before sex, I got out my only condom and placed it on the nightstand. She said she didn’t want to use the condom. I insisted. I must have left the room for some reason and came back. Well, the condom was gone. The woman was trying to talk me into not using the condom. And now the condom’s gone.

At this point, I KNEW I couldn’t possibly ever have sex with this woman without a condom. I didn’t trust her. But, I was horny. So, whaddya gonna do?

I found the condom underneath the bed. It was obviously thrown under there a few feet. It didn’t fall off and bounce a few feet. I didn’t have pets. I asked her if she had thrown it under there. She denied it and got defensive.

I got the condom, asked her if she was still in the mood, and we did it.

Anyway, as you might have guessed, it was a bad decision to have any type of relationship with this woman, sexual or otherwise. Damn hormones! She’s coming over every day for about a week, unannounced, assuming we’re boyfriend/girlfriend. (I admit, we had sex a few more times during that period. I was young and dumb and full of, well, you know the rest.) One day, she comes by and says she’s pregnant. I look at her warily, head cocked to the side. She says, “Don’t worry. It’s not yours.”

Turns out that she probably knew she was pregnant all along. She got a test, and sure enough, she’s having a baby. Shortly after, she moved halfway across the country, thank goodness, yet she tried to keep in touch with me.

Afterwards, all I could think about is that using a condom was the single smartest thing I did – well, probably the only smart thing I did – during that, whatever that relationship was.

LOL!

yep, some women lie about being infertile.
But some truely believe they are. I’m one of them!

After two long-term relationships without using birth control (15 years of unprotected sex) and never getting pregnant, I decided it just wasn’t possible for me.

I don’t like the feel of condoms either, and since I was absolutely sure I could not conceive, well why use the things?

You can guess what happened.

I just wanted to pipe in; not all women are trying to trap someone, they may just be plain wrong like I was.

If you don’t want to take any risks… Wrap that rascal!

In a lot of cases I don’t think women are necessarily being “dis-honest” and looking to make a baby. Like men, women are passionate and sensual creatures, and in a lot of cases it really is that they want (really, really want) to feel you naked inside of them skin to skin when making love and feel you ejaculate inside of them while holding you. They literally beam with pleasure while this is happening. There’s no other feeling like it in the world.

Not all women are them same and I’m sure some women could care less about this, but for a lot of women it addresses a very primal and sensual desire and condomless sex is so much more pleasurable than non a lot of men and women are willing to throw the dice.

And a lot of women could not care less.