Hannity calls Trump crazy behind the scenes, according to new book

Vanity Fair has a pretty interesting excerpt from Brian Stelter’s new book, “Hoax: Donald Trump, Fox News and the Dangerous Distortion of Truth.”

Among the choice bits is this passage alleging that Hannity talks shit about Trump behind his back:

Hannity chose this life, so no one felt sorry for him, but the stress took its toll. “Hannity would tell you, off-off-off the record, that Trump is a batshit crazy person,” one of his associates said. Another friend concurred: “Hannity has said to me more than once, ‘he’s crazy.’”

But Hannity’s commitment to GOP priorities and to his own business model meant he could never say any of this publicly. If one of his friends went on the record quoting Hannity questioning Trump’s mental fitness, that would be the end of the friendship.

Early on in the Trump age, Hannity gained weight and vaped incessantly, which some members of his inner circle blamed on Trump-related stress. “If you were hearing what I’m hearing, you’d be vaping too,” Hannity told a colleague.

So, what effect, if any, do you think this will have on their bromance?

No effect whatsoever.

An analogy:
Look at the many Christian evangelical preachers (the kind who fill stadiums and scream emotional halleulahs) —who have been caught as liars. Usually the reason is a sexual scandal.Sometimes it’s a financial issue.
These guys get exposed as outright frauds. You would think that they would calm down, slink off the stage, and keep out of the public eye…but that never happens.
They have a business model to maintain.
And so does Hannity.

None. He admires and promotes Trumps brand of crazy.

And also see: https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/22/politics/maryanne-trump-barry-donald-trump-mary-trump/index.html

Those who know him best, those who spend a lot of time with him out of the public spotlight, mostly seem to loathe him.

Exactly. He’s a man-whore. Him, Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, Michael Weiner AKA Savage…gotta keep the gravy train on the rails. Integrity is a luxury they can’t afford.

None. Hannity is so far up Trump’s orange cavity you need a volunteer spelunker to extract him.

Where would we find such a man?
< looks out of screen > Why am I asking you?

I would check the gallows.