Happy Day to AnitaVacation!

My very very favorite future sister-in-law, AnitaVacation, is celebrating her birthday this day in Virginia, bruching on those wonderful, yummy, and scrumptious dishes you don’t see unless you are at a VERY nice restaurant, or a BRUNCH!

Hooray for good food! Hooray for Brunches!

And for Anita, Hip, Hip…

*Hooray!!! *

Happy birthday, Anita! :slight_smile:

Happy birthday, Anita. All the best to you. It’s always nice to meet Dopers in person, and meeting you recently was delightful.

Happy happy birthday.

For some reason, when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it meant “Today’s a happy day, because I realized I needed a vacation!” Then I thought that it didn’t make too much sense that way at all!

Happy birthday, Anita… may you have an awesome time celebrating with your family and friends! :slight_smile:

Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
Happy birthday deeeeeeeeear Aaaaaaaaaniiiiiiiiiiitaaaaaaaa!

(why do people always cover their ears and scream when I sing?)

You sneak! You didn’t even tell me you’d started this thread! Anita won’t see it until tomorrow, but I sent her a link. Thank you, sweetie.

We had a lovely, lovely brunch. The food was wonderfully yummy; I had crab and asparagus hash, with orange hollandaise, which was utterly faboo. The weather gods cooperated and sent a beautiful day for my sis’s celebration.

And I’m not saying how old she is.

I’m not saying. either! [sub]mostly because I don’t know.[/sub]

And since she may (hint, hint) be seeing this thread this morning… HAPPY BIRTHDAY PLUS ONE!

Nice, UncleBill! I’d have missed this w/o the bump.

Happy birthday, Anita!

I’m overwhelmed.

Thanks so much to everyone for their wishes.

My B’day turned out to be lots of fun. The food at that brunch was truly exceptional. I loved the tiny, tender asparagus spears. My son, the moose, ate two plates of steamed shrimp, which was a nice birthday surprise for me since he only eats grilled cheese sandwiches at home. It’s a good thing that the dessert plates were so small, because I would have covered the entire surface no matter how large the plates were. ( I knew better than to step on the scale this morning: Another year, another pound.)

I got a huge exercise ball from my Mom. “GEE, just what I always asked for!” I pumped it up as soon as I got home. The dog, Killer, was in the backyard while I was pumping, but when he came inside he freaked out. He would not stop barking at it. When I picked it up, he ran out of the room. This is a 90lb American Bulldog. He’s such a wuss.

The best present was from my husband: A ticket to see Sir Paul McCartney later this month. Can’t wait.

But the biggest birthday surprise came this morning when I got to work and checked my email. No, Lise, the Barnes and Noble E-Gift Certificate was very nice. Thank you very much, but it was not as much of a surprise as…
Future Brother-in-Law Uncle Bill’s very special birthday wish thread!
(I’d like to post my reply in big colored letters, but I’d rather post my reply this morning. This is my first post since the big crash, and it’s gonna take me a while to get up to speed.)

Bill, you’re the best! I am truly touched. You will be a very welcome addition to the family. I can’t wait to see what you do on July 15th for Lise’s birthday. When is your birthday? I’ll have to remember to return the favor. (But you should also be forwarned: There is a Vacation family tradition of giving birthday gifts about 2-3 months late.)

Thank you, Lise, for having such good taste.

Thanks again to everyone, but especially UncleBill for making this day after birthday memorable!

Happy day after your birthday, Anita!

May I say that 29 looks faboo on ya?