Happy, Merry MMP

It’s a bright sunny day, 61F outside and will probably get up to 75 in the afternoon. It’s starting to look like we will be going into summer without a nice snow cap of banked water. Not good.

Thank you for taking one for the team. I have a few things I want to pick up, but they can wait until next year.

I don’t have any chocolate suggestions, but there is a small, locally owned bead and gem store in Prescott Valley. I haven’t been there since the world ended, but they were a great place to waste time and money in the past. Perhaps you might find something there your DIL can’t live without.

VBC doesn’t feel well. Her eyes are goopy and one of her ears is icky. She doesn’t seem to need to go to the emergency vet but she does need to be seen. I’ll call for an appointment first thing tomorrow morning. In the mean time, George just doesn’t get why his buddy doesn’t want to play. He tries to “pounce” her and she hisses him instead of pouncing back. I think I’ll spend my day in the spare room so she can sleep on the bed and I can intercept George when needed. Happily he’s easily distracted, VBC needs to rest.

Hubs wanted to bottle beer today, but when he moved the bucket he saw that the beer was still fermenting, so he cooked another batch instead. This beer looks like beer, not old orange juice. I wish he had a beer drinking friend who lived locally. I don’t appreciate good beer and he needs someone he can brag to. He can’t have a good beer drinking session with someone who has to drive an hour to get home and his beer is strong enough that most folks hesitate to drive after just drinking one.

IMO a little early to worry. We don’t know yet what winter’s going to do.

It’s NEVER too early to worry!

I do hope you are right and I’m just worrying out of habit.

I’m a worrier myself, so I do understand. I’m fixating more on supply issues, especially after seeing what the cat supply aisle looked like at Walmart yesterday. My advice to any cat staff is to make sure you’ve got reserve supplies of food (both canned and dry are getting a little problematic) and litter. I have 3 32-ct. boxes of the Princess’s preferred canned food (she gets 1/4 can/day) and 3 22-lb. bags of her kibble (free-feed). I estimate this to be a year’s worth for her. We also do have abundant clumping litter. The bird gets a custom seed/grain mix from the bulk section at Winco. She has at least a few months’ worth, but more wouldn’t hurt.

Cross posted from the “shortages” thread over in the Quarantine forum:

I don’t have the storage space for lots of extras. But I did procure some food & litter (and the damn water bottles, sigh) so we can all survive in Casa De Shoe for another week or so at least.

This is good to know. I’ll bulk up supplies.

I should probably feed the family. I’ll consider it while drinking more coffee.

Happy Sunday!

Cat fud is so erratic around here that I every time I can find it, the Jungle gets a pretty hefty order. The Lords and Ladies of the Manor are rather picky about their Friskies.

Instead of the usual “case on campus” email we usually get, I got the personal call from the Covid Contact Team letting me know that one of my students is out with plague. Luckily for me, she sits far, far away and hasn’t been on campus since Nov. 30. I’m vacced and boosted, so I’m not too worried about exposure. I’m skipping the beer dinner I was scheduled to attend tomorrow night anyway just to be on the insanely safe side.

We have storage room AND we have been preppers since before being a prepper was a thing. Of course our feline overlords have their own well stocked pantry. Honestly, Chewy has been so reliable that we only feel the need to have a couple of month’s worth of cat supplies on hand.

Put a pinch of sea salt in distilled water to improve the taste. A small pinch, nothing is worse than drinking brackish water.

Hubs put some catnip in a box for Gormless George (why he wants to make that cat even crazier I have no clue) and VBC has taken over the box. George tried to get in the box with her, they used to fit but he’s too big now and she hissed him so he went out into the catio. I hope she just has a little kitty cold or something, she’s too young to start failing from age related issues. I think, she came to us as a stray so we really aren’t sure how old she is.

Our gardening guy is here for Fall cleanup, which means hacking away all the excess shrubbery, trimming trees, chopping back the encroaching bamboo from another property, weeding, raking, planting bulbs, spreading dirt, rocks and bark chips. It’s going to take him two days, I’m sure. I bribed him with a hot mug of coffee, as it’s 35F out there this morning.

Sold our day bed yesterday. It’s the beginning of a major down-sizing effort on our part. Our three-year plan is to move to where we have relatives that can we rely on when we are unable to fend for ourselves. Depressing thought. Anyway, I sure slept well after wrestling with disassembly of the day bed for the buyers. Nice young women, but not exactly mechanically inclined, although one of them has a masters in ME.

Tonight’s dinner will be lamb kebabs and some saffron rice with toasted almonds.

As if an adolescent kitten needs help getting hyper. :slight_smile:

Here’s a puzzler: Amazon will let me set up Subscribe and Save for silicone cat food lids (which had bloody well better last longer than a few months!), but not on HVAC filters (I change that monthly).

Priorities!

Cleaned, roll sucked, changed Alex’s litter, and took the trash and recycling out. I also switched cell providers, since T-Mobile is 86ing Sprint, and not letting me keep my phone number.

Yeah, I seem to outlast most of the whippersnappers and their fancy Red Bulls.:wink:

Rodger?

Me no understand.

Glad you’re not too sore doggio. You’ve likely learned to work smart, not hard.

oopsie, if there’s a locally owned bead shop in your bestie’s vicinity, a gift card there would be a delight.

I got some more work done on the current commissioned wedding album. It’s a fun one, given that it’s steampunk.

See y’all tomorrow!

G’night, y’all. I gotta finish building my stew that I neglected to make yesterday. Beef, roasted veggies, and farro. I attempted to make bread, but it seems my yeast was dead.

Daughter came by to use our scanner. She brought the Tobester and we ordered pizza. Nice little visit. Roxy was with her other grandmother.

Santa came thru the neighborhood on a fire truck - our VFD does it every year and tonight was the night.

Daughter has now gone home and chillage shall ensue.

Good news! I have everything to make mai tais.

Bad news: No time/too tired to make one.

Definitely read that in Prof Farnsworth voice. Make one anyway.

I’ve seen that movie at least a half dozen times, but didn’t remember that character.