HAPPY Mundane December

We’ve needed something like this for months. I put a prospect together for a client that was drilled over the last 10 days. The log came to me yesterday - discovery! You never know until you test’em, but it looks like a right decent one, too.

My relationship with this client really needed something like this.

ShirleyU: those fit my rule for names: two syllables or less.Otherwise you get a nickname real soon.

Important news that may change your life!

I just got back some film, and there is a picture of me that I think is half way decent. I will be scanning it and sending it to Opal to put in my profile on her TMHP. I have to go to a friend’s house to scan it, so I won’t be able to do that till Monday. Then it depends how long it takes Opal to put it on her page. Try not to die of anticipation. :slight_smile:

Sunbear, I agree completely about a two syllable name. Our last name is one syllable and I don’t want something that can be broken down from something like Robert to Bob…especially for a girl :wink:

Hubby is really warming to the idea of Tegan, which is not a trailer park/made up name, but an old Cornish/Welsh name which the meaning escapes me at the moment but I’ll tell everyone ( should it be the BIG Winner) that it means “Her mother is a genius.”

The early bird gets the worm but it’s the second mouse that gets the cheese.

I meant to post this…

My mother is slowly trying to kill me. To give me nourishment during my sickness, she brought up homemade chicken noodle soup and some chicken salad sandwich goop for me to eat. On Wednesday I had a small bowl of soup and since my taste buds were dead, I couldn’t really taste anything. Thursday, the tongue was coming back to life and all I could taste was pepper. It was so hot that I could (no joke) feel it burning in my ear tubes. Forget antibiotics for an ear infection, the pepper treatment clears them right out. I felt like a cartoon character with steam coming out of my ears. News flash: spicy foods do not cause pregnant women to go into labor.

Then last night I ate the chicken salad sandwich goop ( sans bread) and thought it tasted a little dilly. I kept on burping dill and my dreams were of cars in England where the exhaust all smelled like dill. I called and asked “just how much dill did you put in” and my mom said, “well, it was the end of the bottle…” It’s about 15 hours since I ate the CSS and I feel like I’m been pickled in dill. I shared all of this with her and she cackled with glee.

Other than that, I’m feeling much better. Coughed all night, but I’m fine ( naturally) during the day.

Awwwww,there there…Enough pity. Whatja get me :slight_smile:

Shirley, I’m sorry you’re sick. Sophie is such a GREAT name, my vote lies with that one. BTW, my ex went into labor after eating a BUNCH of my homemade, spicy salsa! :wink:

Shirley, I’m not really into numerology, but I’ve always thought the kabalarians site was a lot of fun. ( www.kabalarians.com ) Here’s what it says about the name Tegan…

I read the one for Sophie too, but didn’t want to take up board space with it. Of the two, I like what it says about Tegan the best, so that gets my vote (like my vote really matters :slight_smile: ) I hope you’re feeling better soon!

Back on topic - what am I thankful for this month…
[ul][li]A dear friend I haven’t seen in over a year is coming to visit week after next for 9 days.[/li][li]I get 6 of those days off work so I can spend more time with her while she’s here.[/li][li]My dad and step-mother will be here over the holidays too (it’s been a year since I’ve seen them also).[/li][li]I have a great boss that always says “Thank you for your help today (this week, on this project, etc.)”.[/li][li]They finally finished painting the exterior of my townhouse, so I can now hang pretty holiday lights outside.[/li][li]Having found the SDMBs. I’m having a blast reading everyone’s humorous, witty topics and replies, and I’m learning things to boot![/ul][/li]
Happy Holidays Everyone!

Tonight I’m off to my annual Christmas Carol Party. My good friend Danny, a genuine South Louisiana article, is right now whippin’ up what will be a fine portion of gumbo which, in combination with copious beer, will fuel us on our rounds. I managed to dig out my copy of The Official Gumbo Carolers’ Songbook, from which we sing everything, including typos. If it’s a typical year we’ll have about 70 carolers, ~1/3 of whom will be under 12 and another 1/3 will have temporarily experienced alcohol regression to that approximate age.

Ya’ll have a good, and safe, Saturday night!

Sleigh bells ring, are ya listenin’?
In the lane, snow is glistenin’
A beautiful sight, we’re happy tonight
Walking in the winter wonderland.

Shayna, thanks for the kabalarians sight. I’ve surfed there many a time, but had forgotten about it. It is a fun place. I wonder if they make any money off a “Full Name Report”.

Other mundania: After two nights of no sleep because of not being able to breath and coughing up a lung, my husband called the OB for me and got Claritin prescribed to me. An hour after taking it I have actually oxygen in my body again. I’m so overwhelmed by the sensation I think I might take a nap.

Other than that, it’s just pity party over here.

Well, as some already know from being in the chat room yesterday, I got a tattoo this weekend. It’s a 6-7 inch high celtic cross, on my left shoulder blade. Took 2 and a half hours to do…and right now it stings like hell! I’m REALLY happy with it, though.

Pictures to come as soon as I get the damn film developed…

“There is no worse lie than a truth misunderstood by those who hear it.” - William James

My SO (Ed) has nearly finished with the testing and cleaning-up of his e-business. He’ll send the box off to a data center this week. He’s been working on this since March. He’s so happy and excited!
I got all my Xmas shopping done last weekend, except for Ed’s presents. I have no flippin’ idea what to get him.
My mom’s small choir group will be singing at our company party next Sunday. We’re paying them in restaurant gift certificates.
I get to see my nephews in 9 days. I haven’t seen them since April, when Tyr was just a few weeks old. He’s bigger than his brothers Ulv and Bolthor. They’re an Elkhound and a Malamute. Total at Mom’s house for Christmas dinner: 9 humans, 6 dogs, 4 cats.

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt. That’s my name too.
Wait, no it isn’t.

I just came back from the studio’s christmas hafla (means party, but it’s a show where anyone who wants to perform can)

I did a solo to “Genie in a Bottle” by Christina Aguilera. I got the best compliment yet tonight. A friend of mine was sitting next to a co-worker of hers. He said “She’s really sensual.” My friend asked if that was a good thing or a bad thing. He said “I don’t know, she looks like she might wear me out!” :smiley:

I went Christmas shopping again today. Bought myself 2 more books. Still haven’t gotten any gifts for anyone else. I did take an angel off the angel tree, though. And I set aside this whole week for Christmas preparation (had to use up the last of my vacation days somehow) so I should make up for it in the next few days, as long as I remember to stay out of the bookstore.

Your Official Cat Goddess since 10/20/99.

“I get along well with everybody.” --I.M.F.

I’m viewing McCartney’s webcast (can you say “network congestion” ?).It’s at www.msn.co.uk/cavern Amusing that it’s a microsoft site and the microsoft mediaplayer didn’t work but RealAudio did.

I took the little trip and it was “all that more”! Too much fun is NOT a bad thing! I am on the big bird tomorrow to make “the” trip, I’m so excited I could burst!!!

You’re not sharing details, like our pal Satan.

I saw Deuce Bigalow last night. I laughed. Is that bad?

This is a wonderful December! I’m reveling in my delicious thoughts of what goes around comes around. I have been trolling this board for some time and have uncovered a truth. Bunny, we know who you are and we know who your secret SDMBer is!!! You, pitiful little thing that you and yours are, are living in a fantasy world. You are engaged to someone who is engaged to someone else… oooohhhhh, this is fun.

Resuretti, doesn’t take much to amuse you, huh?