Happy Saint Patrick's Day

A good day for a patronal feast, pint of Guinness and a parade.

I marched with Limerick in NYC once and watched the much smaller one in Dublin when I lived there 2015-2016. I am sure it was a real public holiday (day off/bank holiday) back then yet at least this year only the Northerners get a day tomorrow.

Here in the UK I had noticed Asda discounting Guinness yet till I saw the shamrocks in Google I had forgot. I’ll have to call my 95 year old mom in NY later (of course she’s the reason I have a USA & Irish passport and can even vote in the UK as I certainly will for the 6th time whenever Rishi chooses to go down with the Tory’s)

Erin go brách!

A Happy St. Patty’s Day to one and all.

I’m not making corned beef and cabbage for dinner tonight. Why not? I made it last weekend. The store already had a metric ton of corned beef briskets on sale last week, and I didn’t feel like waiting another week. It was delicious, but I don’t feel like making it two weekends in a row.

So I decided tonight I’m going to make Doro Wat for dinner, an Ethiopian chicken stew. Not very Irish, I know, but I joked to Mrs. Solost that, in honor of the day, I’m actually going to make “Dor O’Wat”.

:four_leaf_clover::green_heart: I’m some Irish. So I’ll say Happy St.Pat.

I just finished a 24 hour brisket smoke on the WSM, so I have enough beef to last me months. No corned beef for me today. I might watch the OG Boondock Saints. I think that will be the extent of my celebratin’ today.

St. Patrick’s day at the Stoat and Bodkin

A friend is over in Butte for their celebration, which is known to be quite rowdy. I’ll have to text her.

While I have some Irish ancestry I don’t particularly do anything for St Patrick’s Day. My husband made ribs on the BBQ and we had a salad, which at least is green. Ribs are usually somewhat of a special occasion recipe, but today they were “no reason ribs”.

My son pointed out it was St Patrick’s Day, so I corrected the name to “The Ribs of the Irish” and kiddo has been giggling about it all evening. I love making him laugh.

Our neighborhood giant skeleton has been appropriately dressed for a couple of weeks:

Google Photos

Once again, we celebrated St Patrick’s Day as well as St Practice Day.

Sláine

Yesterday I celebrated my 11th anniversary with my husband, Jim, and a group of close friends. We went out for lunch and spent time catching up with our buddy who has been in Albania for the last 2 years.

The restaurant we went to had Irish inspired food on the menu, so we all indulged in some fusion meals. I had homemade pirogi with corned beef and onion gravy made with stout. Jim had Dublin Coddle, which was served with toasted soda bread.