Hardly worth a pitting, but still: Evil Captor's a wimmin's libber

In the funniest post I’ve read today, the Dope’s squickiest misogynist signs off on the non-sexism of judging a professional woman based solely on her hotness factor. Well done, Jet Jaguar, you’ve earned EC’s imprimatur as a feminist. Up next: Phred Phelps will assure you that you’re not a homophobe.

I love this board.

[QUOTE=lissener]
In the funniest post I’ve read today, the Dope’s squickiest misogynist signs off on the non-sexism of judging a professional woman based solely on her hotness factor. Well done, Jet Jaguar, you’ve earned EC’s imprimatur as a feminist. Up next: Phred Phelps will assure you that you’re not a homophobe.

I love this board.
[/QUOTE]

Well THAT was a weird clipboard flub. Here’s the correct link:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=7915369&postcount=31

Meh, don’t think much of your actual pitting, but dammit that’s an awesome picture in your first link! If I could find it in 1280x1024 my life would be complete.

EC a misogynist? got any evidence? And no, I don’t consider being into bondage as evidence.

[QUOTE=Mbossa]
Meh, don’t think much of your actual pitting, but dammit that’s an awesome picture in your first link! If I could find it in 1280x1024 my life would be complete.
[/QUOTE]
Oooooo, SPARKLY!

[QUOTE=Mbossa]
Meh, don’t think much of your actual pitting, but dammit that’s an awesome picture in your first link! If I could find it in 1280x1024 my life would be complete.
[/QUOTE]

Here you go – available in 360x450, 720x900 and 2400x3000. OK, so no 1280x1024, but everything else. :wink:

I’ve downloaded, cropped, and resized the big one, and now it’s my new wallpaper. Thanks!

(Evil Captor who?)

[QUOTE=Taber]
EC a misogynist? got any evidence? And no, I don’t consider being into bondage as evidence.
[/QUOTE]

ditto

Back to the OP and whether Denise Richards could pass as a scientific researcher, and whether that make EC a misogynist, I have but one question: Do you think I could see that with my telescope, or would it be too feint?

[QUOTE=tdn]
Back to the OP and whether Denise Richards could pass as a scientific researcher, and whether that make EC a misogynist, I have but one question: Do you think I could see that with my telescope, or would it be too feint?
[/QUOTE]

Er, faint.

Last year I got a cool loose a word a day calander. I’m only up too page four, though.

[QUOTE=lissener]
In the funniest post I’ve read today, the Dope’s squickiest misogynist signs off on the non-sexism of judging a professional woman based solely on her hotness factor. Well done, Jet Jaguar, you’ve earned EC’s imprimatur as a feminist. Up next: Phred Phelps will assure you that you’re not a homophobe.
[/QUOTE]

After that, <b>lissener</b> will lecture on modesty and well-reasoned responses.

:smiley:

[QUOTE=CandidGamera]
After that, <b>lissener</b> will lecture on modesty and well-reasoned responses.

:smiley:
[/QUOTE]
Teach us, O great one, about coding!

Daniel

[QUOTE=Left Hand of Dorkness]
Teach us, O great one, about coding!

Daniel
[/QUOTE]

Indeed. LiveJournal has just ruined me for SDMB-style coding. I think I’ve done that half a dozen times in the last couple of months.

No worries. I can’t even spell my own name right half the time.

Danile

[QUOTE=tdn]
I have but one question: Do you think I could see that with my telescope, or would it be too feint?
[/QUOTE]

Well, its 6th magnitude, so you should be able to, but it might be rather diffuse – link.

You know, I think this might be the most random hijacking of a thread ever.

[QUOTE=Angua]

You know, I think this might be the most random hijacking of a thread ever.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the thread deserv

Ooh, shiny!

[QUOTE=Angua]
Here you go – available in 360x450, 720x900 and 2400x3000. OK, so no 1280x1024, but everything else. :wink:
[/QUOTE]
That blowed up real good!

[QUOTE=Scarlett67]
I’ve downloaded, cropped, and resized the big one, and now it’s my new wallpaper. Thanks!
[/QUOTE]

Me too. Hubble pics are my usual source for wallpaper.

[QUOTE=Angua]
Well, its 6th magnitude, so you should be able to,
[/QUOTE]

From the roof of my city apartment, it may be problematic. Remember a few years ago, when Mars was going to be really close and would appear as big as the full moon and you could get a tan by it? Through my 'scope, it looked like nothing more that an amorphous squiggly orange dot.

You folks need to check out the astronomy picture of the day site . Look at the archive. A splendid time is guaranteed for all.