Heh welcome wagon's broke I guess

Hello. I’m a n00b. Thanks to Darkhold for starting this thread and the wee bit of reassurance that it offers.
Time to dive in (don’t beleive in that testing the waters first, stuff).

Oh, a newbie thread.

Hi, my name is Puck and I’m a newbie. . .

Obviously I’ve been lurking a while, but lately I’ve been posting quite a bit. I blame my current unemployed state. I also took some time to get a feel for the tone of the boards. Ruthless insanity appeals to me.

Anyway, hello and welcome fellow newcomers.

Yup.

Oh great, my first post and I misspell believe, and I can’t fix it. :smack:

Welcome, newbies, one and all! You seem to be a fine, respectable batch so far. Keep your shoes off the furniture, make sure to carry your dirty dishes to the sink, learn and live the #1 rule of the boards (Don’t be a jerk), and check out Rue DeDay’s Monday Morning Posts - that’s where all the cool kids hang out!

Yeah, I’m one of the cool kids. You may stand in awe! :smiley:

Well, with nearly 40000 members, I guess a few of us (present company included) just sort of slip through the cracks…
I hoped for a “welcome” up to about my tenth post, realized everone thought someone had done it (no points for recognizing the reference;)), and got on with my life…

Can I bask in your reflected glory, FairyChatMom?

:slight_smile:

Bask away, Herge. There is no Bask Tax here. It’s an equal opportunity Basking Board. Some restrictions apply. Check your local ordinances. Don’t drink and bask.

Ya know, if you say the word bask enough, it start to sound unwordly!

Oops, just looked again… make that OVER 40000 members!

Another landmark occasion.

Dan Abarbanel

looking All over for some Awe to stand in … decides he must build it himself
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwstanding herewwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

And to Alla you fellow NewBe’s!! (official stats. say that most of us disappear within the first 90 days, so till ya get past chur ‘probation period’ I understand we’re all 'newbe’s" … though I proudly hold the honor of having actually posted successfully to a Rue thread, in among the Really Cool Kids!)

so… from me to you … and I mean this with all my heart … (there’s a Lotta love in this room … can’tcha feel it?)
**Welcome:
Darkhold
WomanofScorn
peritrochoid
store-clerk-slacker
j_sum1
Ripley2004
PucksRaven
Noone Special
Herge

I raise my Sarsaparilla to us all!

For a terrific introduction to the art of posting, I highly recommend y’all study the first 57 pages of “Oh My Freaking God(long)” …

Oh, and Store Clerk Slacker if you Must read this series … if you haven’t!
Confessions of a “Video Clerk”

*ponders for a moment … folks actually hang out and read the place and learn the rules Before they start posting??? I Never thought of that!

Cheeze after ALL that fighting with the hamsters to get that post in… and it’s Fulla typos!
:eek: Yikes! Typos, I gots Typos!!! Eeeeeeeek!

Oh, yeah? I’ve been here 2700 odd posts and I still haven’t gotten a welcome post. :slight_smile:

slortar,

Welcome to the boards.

(now you can’t ever say you never got a welcome post again) :wink:

Hey, I never got a welcome to the SDMB either! Not that that has stopped me. :wink:

If you ever want to have a life away from the board, I tell ya, stay away from MPSIMS. Talk about addictive! :eek:

And, just so youse newbies will know, Eddy, Teddy, and Freddy are orange tiger boy-cats; but none of the above applies to EddyTeddyFreddy.

You know, NCB, that was so funny I wanted to go out and buy a lizard and a case of cola just so I could prove you wrong … :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and in case anyone’s worried, I didn’t get a welcome wagon either, but that’s OK, I’m used to it … :slight_smile:

Psst… Wyatt… PIYF :wink:

And a very merry welcome to all the newbie type folks. :smiley:

Maybe Crunchy Frog will wander in and give all you newbies a proper welcome.

I must have a piece of this welcome action. I am new. Love me!

Awww … shucks! Thanks, Wyatt! I’m so happy to be such an honored and loved newbie. :smiley:

psssst … dude, you’re tracking the awe all over the place. It’s all over your shoes.

And WELCOME! to you, luluBahrain! :slight_smile:

Reptilians!