Help Me With This Sign

I’ve mentioned before that there is a sign maker shop on the highway I drive on every day and every few weeks he has a new sign out front with new a pun or joke on it. Some of you here helped me “get” one of the signs a while back. Well, I have another one. Like I said, I drive by it every day twice and it still has me baffled. It says:

Why doesn’t Guns n Roses have gigs when it snows? Because Axl Rose.

I just don’t get it! :thinking:

I don’t get it either. Maybe the sign writer was reaching for a joke about snow/cocaine.

Any chance the sign said “…when snow falls?”

Snow falls/Axl Rose doesn’t really make sense either, but at least you can see how someone might think it did.

That’s all I could possibly think of it being too. I advise the sign joke writer to keep their day job :slightly_smiling_face:

I figured it was about needing to alter the axles on a vehicle when there’s snow on the roads. (I mean, I can’t take it any further than that, but I’m guessing that’s the point.)

Maybe it really doesn’t make any sense at all, but seems like maybe it could, so you are thinking about that sign and their sign shop all day. Maybe tomorrow you even go in the store to ask them about it, and while you are there you make an impulse purchase of a few dozen SANTOS 2024 signs.

I’ve heard that joke before and I think they goofed up their punchline. The way I heard it was “Why didn’t Guns N’ Roses show up to a gig while it was snowing? Because Axl Froze”

That’s the only thing that makes any sense.

Thanks! I’m glad I’m not the only one!

So I went past the sign again this morning. Either I have misread it over 20 times or it has been corrected. I sure hope it was corrected and not me! Today it says, “Because Axl Froze”. :roll_eyes: Still not funny.

Mystery solved.

Years ago, I got in the habit/obligation of writing something witty on the blackboard at my local bar every day. You’re bound to hit a wrong note now and then. Have a little sympathy for the sign writer.

I’m not upset at the sign writer. Of course everyone makes mistakes. It just took me aback yesterday morning when I suddenly saw the word “froze” in place of “rose”. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone for a split second! :laughing:

Is the sign shop named Bad Dad Jokes?

:rofl:

It should be! Everyone of the riddles, jokes, puns is very dad-ish! I’ll have to submit them as they come out to the SD message board.

I used to do that in my high school civics class right after lunch. Once or twice a week I’d get there early and write something witty (to me at least) on the board.

Join the fight against the metric system. We don’t need no foreign rulers!

There’s one guy who has become very popular for his sign puns.

Among the highlights:

The problem with political jokes is that sometimes they get elected

Turning vegan would be a big missed steak

Ban pre-shedded cheese. Make America grate again

Electricians have to strip to make ends meet

Crushing pop cans is soda pressing

Don’t let anybody call you average. That’s just mean

And many more!

This popped up on my YouTube feed last night:

How come I’m the only naked person at this gender reveal party?