Help Us Name Our New Cat

Mine always come when I call them. In fact, two of them will come if you call other cats, because you MIGHT be calling them for treats, and if so, they are willing to eat the other cat’s treats as well as their own.

Squinky

Use SKitty from Mercedes Lackey’s stories about intelligent telepathic space cats that every space ship has. In this free ebook Werehunter you will find the stories of SKitty.

How so?
I hope to post pics tomorrow.

Thank you all for your continuing support and suggestions. This is much harder than I thought. If it were up to only me, she’d be named Kobiyashi Maru and be done with it, but the kids don’t care for that. The boys don’t like Sasha, the Daughter doesn’t like Chauncy.

What’s a mother to do?

Punkin?

Speaker to Animals?

Have them each come up with two names, that’s it; two names each, and THEY have to come up with them.

Then they get together with you, and together you find a way to make ONE name <or two, though I doubt anyone would use the last name> out of the original names.

It’s a place to start, anyway, and could be pretty creative; maybe part of one name and part of another, together to make a whole new name.

Yes, if one kid likes Sadie and the other likes Mist you can combine them and name it Sadist!

Wasn’t there a poster here a few years ago with dogs named Kryptonite and Trousers?

Also…
Mouseprufe
Kachina (I understand the correct spelling now is “katsina”)
Chutney
Oofy Prosser
Slattern
Seance
Niblet (I have one by that name and she says it’s OK to use it)
Azimuth and Bismuth
Wherewolf
Anfangel Dongobel
Tarbaby (watch for racial complications on this one!)
Swatch
Shere Khan
Pelgrane
Stormbringer
Kelowna
Kissa (Finnish for “cat”)

Got plenty more.

McCavity or Andromache.

I wish I had thought of Kzin, when we named our stray
we named him rehzhic (russian for little orange one)

I’ve decided to name my future kitties after bad Roman emperors; you’re welcome to the good ones. Augustus, Claudius, Vespasian, Hadrian, Trajan…

Congrats on the new adoption! My 3 year old kitty, which I adopted earlier this year, came with a name that didn’t suit her, either – Niagara. Still, that’s her “official,” formal name. We just call her Squirt.

I can’t see the pic, since I don’t have a Yahoo account & can’t be bothered to sign up at 1:30am. Looking forward to pics of the REAL kitty later.

How’z about Cupcake?

Some of the suggestions here are just SO cute! I vote for:

Kobiyashi Maru (“Kobie”)
Punkin
Yoko
…and Kissa is just too darned adorable.

Captain Wigglewhiskers.

Biff.

• Pfeiffer or Berry (cat woman)
  • Carmal (carnivorous + mammal)
  • kotka (Old Church Slavonic)

Here is a pic (finally):
Cat
Keep the names coming. We will decide tonight (I hope). Thanks!

We have decided on Natasha. She looks like a Natasha. Thanks to all who contributed. :slight_smile:

Olivia, Zelda, Bella, Callie, Gracie, Greta, Queenie

ETA: Damn, too late…

Good name, though!

Had a cat, looked like that, named it Natasha (seriously)

Too long of a name.

Then it was Tasha.

Boring.

Then it was Todda.

But it still didn’t really roll off the tongue.

Then it was Todda Wadda.

Yeah. Just sayin’.