Her name is Reignbeau

Ving Rhames named his daughter Reignbeau.

I know, I know, people can name their kids whatever they like. And it’s not like this isn’t a well-worn topic. It’s just that sometimes I am truly amazed at how bound and determined parents are to be CUTESIER THAN HELL when naming their children.

Well, let’s just see what you say when she becomes PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!!

:eek:
:D:D:D:D

I could never help but feel as if it gave these parents a sense of superiority to constantly be correcting people as to the spelling of their child’s name. “See how trendy and clever I am, and what a stodgy old dope you are!” I suppose I could be wrong about that, but it’s still the way I’ve always felt!

It’s really sad that I had such a hard time figuring out how to pronounce “Reignbeau”. The pronounciations I was coming up with were basically insane.

Finally I looked at it again and it hit me: rainbow :smack:

Don’t forget it to pair it with the last name – Reignbeau Rhames.

Sounds like Scooby-Doo singing “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reigndeer” to me.

Sounds like a clown or the host of a kid’s show or something. I suppose I’m thinking of Rainbow Randolph, who was Robin Williams’s character in Death to Smoochy. What an awful name - somehow, her father’s badass image makes it weirder. Sometimes when you hear a kid’s name, you just want to slap the parents upside the head, and this is a great example of one of those times.

Would that make us a Reignbeau nation?

:::insert obligatory “I just spewed Coke/Iced Tea/Coffee all over my monitor” joke here:::

:smiley:
Thanks. I’ll be thinking of Scooby-Doo the rest of the day!

Aw, everyone knows that chicks can’t be president. It says so in the Constipatution!

You have to realize that in Hollywood, people name their children like you would your pets.

:eek: I would never name my pet Reignbeau :eek:

What a horrible fucking name. Ten bucks says she’s in rehab by the time she’s 14.