[QUOTE=running piglet cheese]
Glyphs: Definitely on ikiN not Niki. Thinking that’s why it was covered over in the painting. The glyph in the painting was different. It had protrusions on it.
Also, did anyone notice the “crack” on ED’s extra glasses? Wasn’t it shaped like the glyph?
There were several gunshots during the massacre at poker palace, so I was really surprised to see all the carnage. It sounded like someone came in and shot them all.
Seeing FH on the subway confirms that Hiro learns to use his power without his constipation face. Thank goodness. It almost seems painful.
[/QUOTE]
Scary guy had a gun. Hiro saw it. He tried to defend himself. It didn’t do any good. We saw them ripped apart. The door caved in and blood started to come through. That doesn’t happen when you are shot.
You forgot the lightsaber noises Hiro made while sitting in the NISSAN VERSA. Though I agree that this could be a turning point for him, that was still pretty funny.
[QUOTE=Xan]
I missed tonight’s ep. So could someone give me a synopsis?
[/QUOTE]
I missed it, too. Can we get a good recap? I’m hooked and was really mad when I realized I messed up on setting the VCR. What’s happening with each storyline?
[QUOTE=BiblioCat]
I missed it, too. Can we get a good recap? I’m hooked and was really mad when I realized I messed up on setting the VCR. What’s happening with each storyline?
[/QUOTE]
Go to NBC.com and see the episode for free. That way you won’t need a recap.
[QUOTE=levdrakon]
They have to be careful with Hiro. It was cool how they made it clear Hiro isn’t yet the ultimate do-over superhero. But they need to establish later he can’t just go back and do-over everything without risking the ol’ time-rift.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Hiro’s powers are pretty firmly set in the “writer’s fiat” category. They’ll work when the writers decide they need them to work and it’ll be “too risky” or “cause a rift” when the writers have another out. I was hoping they wouldn’t let his powers develop that way, but I think we’re stuck with an omnipotant Hiro.
[QUOTE=Otto]
Apparently I have the power to make my posts invisible…
Either that or I’ve just been insulted.
[/QUOTE]
Nope, not insulted. I was just trying to get in quickly and didn’t read all the posts - bad form, I know.
I did go to NBC.com and watch it on-line just now. Very cool option. But I have a strange compulsion to go buy a Nissan Sentra and live in it.
Thought: it was Ikin who had the tattoo, right? So when the painter uncovers the tattoo on the painting, perhaps that means that * Ikin * was killed.
IOW, perhaps Niki will wake up as an ordinary singleton.
I thought the second pair of glasses that EvilDad had weren’t his – maybe they belonged to Chandra Suresh, and the crack came from when he was killed/died?
At first I thought the fake real parents were actors, but then I wondered if they work for EvilDad? The last exchange between fake real dad and EvilDad hinted that they’ve worked together before.
The hubby had a thought about Ghost Dad and Niki – what if Ghost Dad only killed ikiN? Would Niki still have the powers?
The one thing that irritates the living daylights out of hubby and me is Claire. She’s insistent that her power be kept secret, but then she does silly things like stick her hand down a disposal when her mom’s right there, or takes a hot muffin tin out of the oven without potholders. Mom even commented on the burning smell. (Which lends credence to the theory that Claire doesn’t actually feel pain when she hurts herself.)
I had a shower-thought about Claire this morning – what if she’s doing these things as a cry for help or attention? Intellectually, she knows she has to keep this secret, but emotionally she needs help dealing with it, and if someone finds out by accident, well, that’s not the same as her telling them, is it?
And a possible prediction for next week: Capt. Congress bumps into Mohinder at the airport and the ensuing conversation convinces Mohinder to stay in NY.
[QUOTE=StarvingButStrong]
Thought: it was Ikin who had the tattoo, right? So when the painter uncovers the tattoo on the painting, perhaps that means that * Ikin * was killed.
IOW, perhaps Niki will wake up as an ordinary singleton.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=kurilla]
I thought the second pair of glasses that EvilDad had weren’t his – maybe they belonged to Chandra Suresh, and the crack came from when he was killed/died?
[/quote]
I thought we saw the cracked glasses in Chandra’s apartment? Or am I thinking about something else. I thought we were supposed to think that they were broken in the course of Chandra’s being killed.
And er, excuse me, why is everyone assuming that Niki is dead?
[QUOTE=thinksnow]
I guess I figured he phased in, squeezed her heart until it stopped or popped, then ran off with Micah (and without the money, you’ll note.)
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think he “Long Arm of Gil Hamilton’ed” her. The voice over at the end seemed to indicate that Niki was an evolutionary dead end. Although the doppleganger Niki clearly had some impressive regenerative powers; I don’t care how powerful you are, you don’t rip a room full of guys apart with out, I dunno, getting a few bruises and scratches, or breaking a nail or two.
Seems to be an interesting twist by the writers – Niki was (sort of) the bad guy and her husband was (sort of) the hero.
I apparently missed part of last week’s episode. At one point, Hiro and Ando had split up and Ando was at Niki’s house? So how did Hiro and Ando get back together?
Have to disagree with Loach about Eden. That level of cuteness alone must be some kind of mutant power. So of course she’s on the side of Evil.
Can someone confirm this for me?
Was there a piece of the comic that showed a beast with claws?! If I’m right, then perhaps Ikin is some sort of monster-morph?! I heard monster sounds when Hiro/Ando were hiding and we know who did that… So could I be onto something here?
Ok, I found out where I saw it, On the cover of the Micah’s 9th Wonder Comic that DL is looking through (“All those comics my father gave me…”) (6:24 of Part three on the nbc replay) Is a picture of a 4 clawed beast with a gaping maw and flowing blond hair(!) Good news is that it has no shirt on :dubious:
Anyway, I screen-capped it (hope it’s legal…) And posted it to a photo-site: here
[QUOTE=Bryan Ekers]
Just thought of another nickname for Niki:
Gypsy Rose and the Thorn.
[/QUOTE]
I’m sure there’s some hilarious inside joke here, but I, for one, don’t grok it. Gypsy Rose is some obscure burlesque dancer, and thorns are related to roses. It’s about as meaningful as calling her the Mighty Octopus Woman and the Dancing Camel.
And er, excuse me, why is everyone assuming that Niki is dead?
[/QUOTE]
Because if DL squeezed her heart until it stopped beating, or crushed it, or something similar – she probably is. Unless she’s got regeneration like Claire’s.
ikiN has super-strength, though, so that may (fanwank alert) mean that the muscles of her heart and internal organs are tougher / stronger than normal, so DL’s squeeze was more like a massage than a kill.
[QUOTE=The Controvert]
I’m sure there’s some hilarious inside joke here, but I, for one, don’t grok it. Gypsy Rose is some obscure burlesque dancer, and thorns are related to roses. It’s about as meaningful as calling her the Mighty Octopus Woman and the Dancing Camel.
[/QUOTE]
Comic fangirl geek explanation: Rose and the Thorn was (is?) a character created by DC comics. Originally, Rose Forrest was a meek, mild-mannered woman, until she saw something traumatic (husband killed by mobsters? I don’t remember.)
The traumatic event triggered a different personality, the Thorn, who, while Rose slept, would go out and kick bad guy butt.