Alternate title - “Suck on this until January, bitches!”
Last week, we learned more about our [del]Five Little Peppers[/del] Eight Little Heroes and How They Grew (and wicked bonus points to anyone who recognizes the reference) while Hiro learned that he would do anything for love but he can’t do that.
Tonight the threads pick back up from two weeks ago, with Peter under arrest for the possible murder of the possibly dead Jackie, Sylar in the hands of Mr Bennet and a bullet whizzing toward DL’s head. We are promised that a hero will “be lost” (which may not mean “die”) and that in a show known for surprise ending we ain’t seen nothin’ yet.
[QUOTE=Otto]
Alternate title - “Suck on this until January, bitches!”
Last week, we learned more about our [del]Five Little Peppers[/del] Eight Little Heroes and How They Grew
[/QUOTE]
Ben - can chop wood like a mofo
Polly - charms rich boys into sending her canaries
Phronsie - knows how to turn crusty old men into emo saps
Joel - has the power needed to beat up rich brats
Davie - resistance to measles
Argh. What will I do on Monday evenings for the next month?
Oh, and as for nicknames…use them, don’t use them, makes me no never mind, I ain’t getting mixed up in that mess again this week. Refer to the OP from last week’s thread if you find a nickname confusing.
[QUOTE=HazelNutCoffee]
Polly - charms rich boys into sending her canaries
Phronsie - knows how to turn crusty old men into emo saps
[/QUOTE]
Best book ever. My older sister and I used to play 5 Little Peppers all the time. She was Polly, and I was Phronsie. Gah, I miss being a kid.
Here’s hoping it’s Niki/Jessica that’s “lost” for good. PleasedieNikidieNikiboringboringhatediediedie! I saw a thing on E! that said a main character was leaving the show because of a contract dispute - apparently, one of our Heroes wanted too much money.
[QUOTE=astro]
One of the goes to “The Island” ? It’s all becoming clear now… well maybe not so much.
[/QUOTE]
Well, in January it moves to Wed at 8PM (according to my paper), so it’s a nice “Lost” lead-in. Seems like the “fall finale” procedure is catching on with lots of shows now.
I only watched 1 1/2 episodes of this show, but I’m kinda liking it. I’ll watch tonight and then pick it up again in Jan. I just hope they’re not going where I think they might be going with the whole “next stage of human evolution” thing. Still, looks like a fun show.
[QUOTE=John Mace]
Well, in January it moves to Wed at 8PM (according to my paper), so it’s a nice “Lost” lead-in.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it’s a nice “Lost” lead-in if you’re home on Wednesdays and can watch shows on different networks, which I’m not and I can’t, so why the hell must they fuck with my schedule? Not that I’m gonna weep a copious number of bitter tears if I have to choose one over the other (“Lost” loses; not even a contest). I blame 24.
[QUOTE=heraldgwena]
I wonder if the hero that is lost is Jessica. Maybe Niki finally conquers her and takes over her power, and Jessica “disappears.”
[/QUOTE]
Well, if what jacob wrestling posted is correct, they’re going to get rid of an actor altogether. That would mean it can’t be Jessica, unless she and Niki both die together. (Not that I’d mind.)
But I thought eveyone had a DVR by now, so it really shouldn’t matter.
[/QUOTE]
I won’t get a DVR because I have no interest in sending off marketing information to the people who sell them. Give me one that isn’t also a snitch and I’ll gladly use it.
[QUOTE=Otto]
I won’t get a DVR because I have no interest in sending off marketing information to the people who sell them. Give me one that isn’t also a snitch and I’ll gladly use it.
[/QUOTE]
How do you get your TV?
We have Dishnetwork satellite TV and we told them when they installed it we have no house phone service and as far as I know, the DVR’s in the house have no way of phoning home without that.
OMG, I just loved the telepathic ‘feedback screech’ between officer troi and Peter petrelli mimicking his telepathy. That’s an idea I’ve used in some of my stories, that two telepaths trying to read each other at the same time could get locked into a feedback loop, like a microphone picking up its own monitor.
So his arm can be BOTH tangible and intangible? …How can you phase into the door, and then still “touch” the lock?
Mind-reading Cop, and and Petrelli
Cop: I’m going to read your mind now.
Petrelli: No dice stranger.
Cop: No, I have this abillity.
Peterelli: Yeah, and Ive got it too!
And yet, the cop could get it to work long enough to get the “truth” out
Damn, so excited that ProbablyNotEvilDad might be showing some of the same super mojo as the Haitian. But, alas, the Hatian was just lurking in the area. I want ProbablyNotEvilDad to be more than just a ringleader.
[QUOTE=Only Mostly Dead]
Damn, so excited that ProbablyNotEvilDad might be showing some of the same super mojo as the Haitian. But, alas, the Hatian was just lurking in the area. I want ProbablyNotEvilDad to be more than just a ringleader.
So far, no luck.
[/QUOTE]
Ah but
We have learned that the Hatian (probably) is a mute. Seems as if every ‘hero’ has a drawback someplace else. The ‘drive’ needed to evolve