[QUOTE=LavenderBlue]
That is NOT an insult to gays.
[/quote]
I’ve explained how I consider the sentiment of expressing disappointment at the idea of someone’s being gay is potentially insulting. It allows for the implication that being gay is wrong or some sort of defect. You’ve said that you did not intend the remark that way, and I accept that at face value.
I’ve already explained several times what the intent of the remark was and have apologized for any hurt feelings it may have caused. It was a comment about the unlikelihood that you will ever meet any of the actors named, not a comment about your hotness or lack of same. I don’t know how hot you are or aren’t, and I don’t care. It’s not what I was talking about.
I didn’t say you wrote exactly “what a shame he’s gay.” I said the “what a shame he’s gay sentiment.” You said you intended no such sentiment and I’ve accepted that at face value.
No, my stated intention was to point out that your remark might be found insulting. Any inference you draw beyond that is your own.
I’ve already apologized, in the OP of this thread. This isn’t about you. It was never about you. You weren’t pitted. This is about the double standard and the bullshit hair splitting that Dex applied in deciding to step in.