Hey Girls How Big Do You Like Your Guys?

Skinny-skinny, pale, and geeky[ish]. Yummy.

Ugh. I hate the bodybuilder look. Especially because so many of them have skinny legs. I dislike the “gym look” in any form–where a guy looks like the only exercise he gets is in the gym.

I like guys whose physicality suggests that they like the things that I like to do. Whether they are tall or short or skinny or stocky, most guys who are into outdoor sports have balanced physiques. I like guys who’s bodies suggest general athleticism.

I generally prefer smaller, skinnier guys. They are more fun in bed–you can thow 'em around and they won’t squish you as much. But my dear husband is 6’2", and a broad-shouldered 210 lbs. (he has a bit of a gut at the moment, which I don’t like, but it would be kind of unfair to complain about him being too fat right now, if you know what I mean.:()

Once I get to know someone and am attracted to them because of who they are, it doesn’t much matter. But if I had my choice, I like men who are six foot or taller and not skinny. I am by no means a delicate waif and I like guys who weigh more than me ;). I also like hugs that are sort of…overwhelming. That you can just disappear into. So I need a big guy for that.

there is nothing appealing about them at all.

The perfect male form to me is tall, slim, but well-defined. Daniel Day Lewis in “Last of the Mohicans” - of course, he was a god in that.

I prefer a too-skinny guy to an overdeveloped guy every time. And even though I’m overweight myself, I don’t like it in men.

stoid

My god, I’ve found something that Stoid and I agree on. :smiley:

As for me…I’ve been attracted to all types. More important is how he treats me.

Woohoo!!

I don’t know if anybody’s going to read this new post to a thread this old, but I guess there’s one way to find out. I read an article on “body dysmorphia,” which is the male counterpart of anorexia. Men who think they are puny no matter how much they bulk themselves up. It wittily pointed out that these men will pass up an opportunity to spend time with an actual woman because they want to get to the gym to lift weights, to make them more attractive to women! Hello! I’ve never known a female of any age who preferred a very muscular build to a slightly muscular build. Also, women are so much less obsessed with a man’s looks than vice-versa. All a man needs to attract women is good hygiene.

I am most definitely attracted to a skinny waste. (So we won’t talk about hubby’s size 40 belt.)

My taste has changed. I used to like tall rail thin men, especially if they wore glasses. Now I find my head turning at athletic and proportionate, but not body builder types in any sense, men. Usually on the shortish side, but since I’m only 5’3", a man whose 5’5" is still taller than me. (I still adore men in glasses though.)
I find the whole “athletic = stamina” mentality a lot more interesting than a guy who can bench press me.

i’ve said it before, and i’ll say it again. i’m not fussed.

attraction has very litttle to do with looks.

no, really.

if he feels right, smells right and there’s a spark there, he could look like brad pitt, or the elephant man.

current guy, 5’11’’, big, short hair, blue eyes, tanned, but not toned.

previous guy, 6’1’’, bigger, cuddly, long blond hair, blue eyes, pasty.

one before that, 5’6’’, freckles, red hair, grey eyes, muscles (200 press-up&500 sit-ups a day does that to you)

before that 5’8’’, eurasian, skinny, longish hair…

get the idea?

Colgate and Right Guard are getting excited right now.

I like any build so long as the guy looks healthy. My sister and I recently discussed this and she concurs that a “normal guy” physique is the most attractive in all seasons and states of mind. A good example: Russell Crowe in Gladiator. Now, that was not a gym body. But he looked good.

I have to agree with most of the ladies here who have said that personality overrides just about all physical considerations, hygeine being the exception.

once again, gobear and I have the same taste in men. I like, big strong guys who can pick me right up off the ground. I also like them to be taller than me. I like big, bulging biceps and a broad, muscular back. A little bit of hair on the chest and a nice treasure trail won’t hurt.

In the end, it’s not BODYBUILDERS I like (oily and bursting), but muscley construction worker/olympic athlete like guys. Blue Collar every time, baby. Brian Urlacher is an ideal example, as is Till Lindemann, of course.

jarbaby

I prefered Russell Crowe when he was fat and ugly in The Insider.

I like 'em big. Broad across the shoulders is delightful. They don’t need to be musclebound but, men that look like they could at least stand between me and the boogey man are very appealing.

I’m with gobear & jarbaby. I’m all about big, cuddly guys. The furrier, the better. I’d much rather have a guy who’s carrying 10 extra pounds than a guy who’s 10 pounds too thin. Scrawny-shouldered guys have never, ever elicited a sexual response from me, but I am not averse to an extra bit of belly.

If anyone remembers Puddy, Elaine’s BF on Seinfeld, he was just my type. Big, furry, good with his hands…mmmmm.

'Roid guys aren’t cuddly, and they also tend, appallingly enough, to shave or wax off their body hair. Bleccccccccch.

I like 'em kinda big. Sorta football playerish, I guess, although not necessarily a jock. I just like that build and I don’t mind some extra pounds.

I married a skinny guy though. Go figure!

Big ol’ muscles don’t turn me on. Look sort of freakish to my eyes, actually.

I love big guys. For example, I’m in love with Horatio Sanz…I just want to cuddle him. My current boyfriend is a little too skinny. He’s not beefy enough but I still love him :slight_smile:
~Kittie

Bodybuilders (the huge ol’ muscle guys) are gross. Period. End of story.

The only thing that really matters to me is that he’s taller than me and is semi-fit (not anorexic, not grossly overweight), but personality is the real and most important thing and overrides other issues.

Yes it does. I love guys like that…I can deal when they are a bit shorter, but tall is nice.