Hey MADs (and others) -- Come to my CounterFest! [edited title]

No, I’m not anti-Fest. I’m getting new kitchen counters and it seems like as good an excuse as any to have a party. Some of the details:

Saturday, Jan 26, 2 PM-ish till I get sick of everyone and toss you out. We’ll have chili and soups and finger food and probably other stuff - I’m still planning a menu. :smiley:

At my house in southern Maryland. Specifics will be provided upon request via PM or email to my yahoo account, but to get a general idea of where I am, look up Leonardtown, MD - I’m about 6 miles from there.

Caveat: If bad weather is expected that weekend, all bets are off. I have neither the space nor the desire to have a Doper Slumber Party, and while my county is good about clearing the roads, I still don’t want anyone to risk a trip to the boonies in snow or ice - I can always reschedule later in the year.

PS - While I’m not anti-alcohol, neither my husband nor I drink beer, so if you want some, you’ll have to bring your own. I’ll have plenty of non-alcoholic beverages available. Also, while adult family members are welcome, my house is neither child-proofed nor child-friendly with no place to stash kids, so getting a sitter for little ones is the best idea. And for the allergic - we have 2 cats and a dog.

So, if after all that you’re still interested, contact me directly and I’ll fill in the rest. You know you want to come *oooooh *and *aaaaah *at my shiny new granite! :smiley:

I wish Kansas was closer. Sob

I am far too jealous of your shiny new granite to even consider attending. …gnashing teeth enviously…

I dare you to make me leave…

“Shitter’s full!”

Oh, bummer! I already have plans for that exact day and time, or I’d totally be there. And I do so love new kitchen counters!

But if it helps: Dopers, I had the pleasure of meeting FairyChatMom at a previous fest, and can attest that (in case it’s not completely obvious from her posts) she is charming, friendly, and nice, dammit, and has at least three - no, wait, four - entertaining anecdotes which really must be heard in person to be appreciated fully. So go.

I’ll sic my dog on you! She’ll, um, well, she’s fond of nibbling ears…

No, wait - I’ve got it! I have an accordion and I’m not afraid to use it!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I should have included MADs in my title to get the attention of the locals. Altho if someone flies in from out of the mid-atlantic area, they’d be most welcome.

Crap - which anecdotes are they? I’ve forgotten… :smack:

You know, if you truly loved me, you’d cancel your other plans. Guess I know how I rate…

:stuck_out_tongue:

Fixed the thread title for you, even though I’m not going to be able to make it. :frowning:

Thanks for the fix, twicks! Sorry you can’t make it. :frowning:

Alas, I work until 6:00 on Saturdays, and if Google Maps is to be believed that means I wouldn’t get there until after 8:00. While it’s conceivable you won’t have tossed everyone out by then, I would have to turn around and leave pretty quickly in order to still be awake enough to drive home. Shame, too. One of my goals for the new year is to be less isolated. I’m sure it’ll be a swell time. Happy new counters.

Yeah, if you’re in Charm City, it’s definitely at least 2 hours, depending on traffic on 301. I can direct you to the bar where my sis works in Fells Point - no one is isolated there! :smiley:

If mapquest is to be believed, that’s less than 70 miles from us- totally doable. I’ll check with my social secretary ( AKA the boyfriend ) and make sure we don’t have something else scheduled. Wow, it’s been YEARS since I’ve done a fest! :smiley:

Yeah, it’s been a few years for me also. Hope you can make it!

I think the body count is up to 8 or 9 semi-confirmed. yay! :smiley:

Count the two of us in! Woo hoo!

He took a little convincing of the relative harmlessness of Dopers, but was won over by the prior military connection. ;D

Looking forward to it!