Hi Everyone!

Uh-oh. I think we scared off another one. Guess I should have kept the jellies under better control.

Thanks, Honey, and I’ll bear that in mind! :slight_smile:

lol I’m still about!

Yay! She survived!

Er, I mean, “Hi! How is you day going?”

[Sub]What a relief. Now I don’t have to do all that paperwork…[/sub]

Welcome to the SDMB, Bering. The secret to surviving this place is to avoid the normal, rational folks. Fortunately, this is easy, since there are so few of them.

I recommend that you take it easy at first, until you get used to the place. Poke around, read a bit, start a thread in GD blaming 9/11 on circumcized non-tippers who put their unspayed cats outdoors. You know, something light.

Regards,
Shodan

Who let the Hall Monitor out of the closet??

Hi Bering!!

Make all of your posts in a low contrast color so that members have to highlight them to be able to read them.

No, not really. Stick to the default fonts and colors and you’ll be fine.

nm

Hi Bering!

The question is, guys, is she Bering gifts?

Bering watches - nice. A clean, uncluttered look. Watch faces were meant to be easily read, not crowded. Less is more.

Hmm, an Opal reference, and it’s almost 2016. (I didn’t know her; R.I.P., Opal)

Welcome aboard!

As the fourth non-capitalised person here I can say that I passed my Turing Tests (mostly)with flying colours…

Welcome Bering, I would pass on the ice scream as some people <looks up> are intentionally misspelling it. Hopeful Crow was similarly misguided and if you search for her opening thread you can see the tragic results…:smiley:

Please note that all exit doors have been secured for your safety and our convenience…

No, no…embarace the Dark Side, Bering. You do not know the power of the Pit!! :cool::smiley:

Whatever you do, don’t have a computer-savvy friend post computer images of you.

Or someone will post “Beware of geeks’ Bering gifs.”

Regards,
Shodan

So it’s YOU who is in charge of the jellies? Have I got a bone to pick with you! Those jellies got into the kitchen and just created havoc everywhere. Bowls of my latest ice scream flavors were totally ruined. Ruined! I’m particularly irked about the batch that was going to put the pumpkin pie spice industry out of business forever. Who wouldn’t have wanted that? And I was working on one that would have done the same for fruitcake. But it’s gone. All gone. And then the nudibranchs arrived but I…I…can’t go into that. Just let me warn you. You do not want to cross a nudibranch.

Worst thing, though, was that the Mother Batch From Which All Ice Scream Flows escaped. I don’t think she has gone far, since she was expecting, but I, um, think we should probably close off that entire wing of the sub-sub-basement. Maybe we can fill the whole thing in with cement.

On the bright side, we now have Bering and by the looks of things, I think she is a keeper. Welcome, Bering, welcome!

heh, and not great, very long day just home and off to bed already!

groan :slight_smile:

Agreed, I like the arctic theme as well, and thanks!

Is that you Darth? :stuck_out_tongue:

Bullitt, already did that one. :wink:

And thanks again everyone!

Is that you Darth? … I saw a lot of heads turn your way at this one, we have a lot of Sith around here, I myself have custody of a Sith Turkey (currently scheduled for termination in the near future) and a Sith Hare, We also have a Sith Mod, and there are a few others around. You must be cautious.

Just so you know, the Pit is NOT our scorpion pit. But as long as you’re not a mime, you’ll be pretty safe from the scorpion pit.

Nudibranches? What were you doing messing around with the nudibranches? Even I know better that togo down there…

Anyways, that’s all spilled milk under the bridge, so to speak, now. We have to contain the damage.

Fortunately, my ice cream was not misspelled, so we can coax the Mother Batch back upstairs. We’ll have to create a new Chunky Basement Chocolate flavour though; she may have picked up some cross-contamination.