Hijack this thread!!! please

Mmmmm, log cabin. I want some pancakes. Pnacakes are good. Just don’t spill any syrup on your “Hijack me baby” t-shirt.

yeah, me too. I’m hella hungry. hey, that’s slang. it’s etymology dates back to the mid 90’s located in northern california. hella = very or a lot of.

I had chicken sandwiches for lunch though.

You people are still talking about ebonics? I thought that was a long discredited theory (and if that ain’t fishing for trolls…)

But on the other hand maybe you meant phonics. Cecil had a column on that this week, but he didn’t answer one thing I wanted to know. If you can be “Hooked on Phonics,” shouldn’t “phonics” be a banned substance? I know one poor relative of mine who got “hooked on phonics,” and now she can’t stop reading and writing. Other people laugh but it’s costing her mom a fortune in pencils and paper. These “phonics” can’t be any less addicitive than marijuana.

Marijuana…should it be legal? OK, I know there was another thread on this, but, still, have all the arguments been examined yet? I mean, there were only about 100-odd posts in the thread and yet there are over 9,000 SDMB members. There must be still a lot of SDMB’ers out there with a valid opinion! Anyone?

Since we’re on the topic of linguistics, what exactly is a simul-post or whatever duke said. now in the spirit of the thread, i need to get off the topic. I have to type very quietly because someone is giving their presentation and the keyboard makes noise if i don’t make conscious effort to be silent.

Duke, the whole marijuana thing was covered extensively in GD and GQ. WHY people start threads in MPS when it CLEARLY belongs in GD or GQ or the fuckin Pit is beyond me. I mean, what the fuck? Can we have JUST normal random shit in here? DO we have to have fucking debates? AARGH!

iampunha: Wow, I didn’t realise I was trying to hijack the thread in quite this way…

[Duke holds dangerous weapon at SDMB moderator’s head] “Take this thread to GQ. Or GD if you don’t have enough fuel on board to make it there.”

Hey- weren’t we talking about Abraham Lincoln on fire?

Lincoln is on fire? I have family in Nebraska. There’s corn in Nebraska, too. I’ll have some roasted corn please. With butter? Thanks ever so much!!

ALRIGHT EVERYBODY!

Nobody do nothin’ stupid, and you won’t get hurt;

Driver, take this thread to Cuba, NOW!

yeah, my corns were roasting too, but I decided to soak my feet like my podiatrist said… but he’s not my personal podiatrist, I mean, not like my van is my personal van - well, except that it’s not really mine either for 2 more years - can you believe it takes 5 or 6 years to pay off a new vehicle?
I’d like a toasted bagel, please.
would someone pass me an afghan?

whoa whoa whoa,

let’s all relax here. this doesn’t need to get out of hand. nobody here is going to Cuba. let’s all just calm down and think this through.

i personally feel that afghans suck, not like devays. they are all puffy and comfortable.

know who else was puffy? the marshmallow puff man. the ghost busters could barely stop him. i mean, if the ghost busters barely stop you, you know you’re puffy.

when did i start talking about puff daddy?

I always wanted an Afghan, you know one of those dogs with the really long body and a lot of hair. And they have a long snout like a anteater…

But what is the difference between an anteater and an aardvark? Location maybe?

Did I tell everyone that my trip to NYC was put off until my hubby and I have more money…

BTW, this guy offered me money to have sex with him. Should I accept?

this is a joke!!!

Uuuuuuum, while aardvarks and anteaters share similar characteristics, i still have an odd fascination with the lovable wallaby.

This one time, my friend who works at McDonalds gave me four big macs when i only ordered one. so i ate them. the next day i was very ill. i haven’t eaten a big mac in roughly three months. but i guess that’s nothing. i haven’t eaten a banana in over nine years. you don’t even need potassium. it’s just a CIA conspiracy to keep the colombian banana industry alive, so they can smuggle crack into our country using that fine lookin chiquita woman.

where’s the lobster?

If he doesn’t stop that right this minute, I’m taking my soapdish and seducing the meter reader.

I use the word “groovy” all the time.

Especially in cohoots with the word “hey”

So I’d be like, “Hey, groovy.”

Oh yeah, does anybody have any Cuban relatives?

I mean in Cuba.

I got a thing for Cuban relatives.

well… we will win without worries…
after all, always account another aghast action
feign forever foreign fiction
great greats greatly grate
Can Can-Cans Create Creatures?
Always avoid Alliteracy… Always.

anyhow… I wanna crate…
Soap box races are cool
So are bed-races
I wanna go to bed
I can’t get to sleep
I should eat
should I cook?
no… I should make poptarts…
wait… take out of box, take out of wrapper, get out toaster, oop, more than three steps… cooking in my book
cookbooks… I made one…
I tried one of my recipes and it sucked…
I wanna try squid
Squid is called calamari…
squid is in the ocean…
the ocean is BIG…
GIANT squid are HUGE…
they can get over 50 feet Long…
JAWS was huge…
he was fake…
I wanna go to hollywood…
everyone’s fake their…
Loni Anderson is practically bionic…
Tammy Fae Baker’s face could melt…
cheese melts…
Cheesy Mac…
that is cooking too…
nylon melts too…
Nylons Run too…
Michael Johnson can run fast…
Carl Lewis is REALLY fast…
Apache Helicopters are REALLY fast…
Apaches could ride horses fast…
I can ride a motorcycle really fast…
Lambourghini’s are fast
Dodge Vipers are too
Vipers are poisonous…
so are Black Widows
Black widows are found in all of the 50 states except Hawaii and Alaska
Daddy Long-Legs are some ofthe most poisonous spiders
they are more poisonous than Black Widows
they just can’t bite through Human flesh
Cannibles like Human Flesh
Hannible Lector was a Cannibal
Silence of the lambs was a good movie…
AND I’m SPENT!!!
(this was a run-on… not a Hijack… bu I had to get it outta my system!!!)

how about if I don’t hijack this thread, but just kill it, like all the other threads/posts i ever write.

You really dont want my highjacking skills put up in here do ya?

No I didnt think so.

Good day.

Steeljaw, I just checked, and the bananas here in Wisconsin come from the Dominican Republic, not Colombia. So I think your CIA conspiracy thing may be wrong. Unless you think the CIA is operating in more than one banana republic? Anybody know a good CIA link?