Hold onto your butts, SDMB! "Human Target" is back on tonight!!

I took “hands-off” to mean only that she wasn’t going to be issuing orders as though she were Charlie and they were her Angels. There’ll be plenty of reasons to have her around, like when the group needs her to buy them a new toy or when Baptiste inevitably snatches her.

It’s definitely the Guerrero show for me, and I am very glad it’s back. <3

Maybe I’m an emotional sap, but I think it will be hard to top the episode where Ilsa Pucci gets rescued.

I would almost watch the show just for Guerrero. But I do wish he’d stop calling his car the Eldo.

I guess it’s part of the story, but Chance seems like a blank slate.

I didn’t come alone. I brought another guy with me.

Plus he’s totally believable as a janitor.

I have only seen parts of the premiere episode. Obviously, I need to catch up. :wink:

“Yeah, I’ve got to go meet up with the plumber.”

“A plumber? At midnight?”

"No dude, not a plumber; THE Plumber. He’s…oh just never mind. "

Even if I didn’t love Guererro, and Emerson Cod, and Indira Varma, I would still love this show for the sweet, brief, glimpse of Lennie James.

I noticed that they are doing back-to-back episodes this week again. Made me wonder if they were burning the series off, but apparently it’s just a temporary thing.

Along with tugging on Superman’s cape, spitting in the wind and pulling the mask of the Lone Ranger - don’t threaten Guererro’s kid.

Joe

Well, that was thoroughly unsatisfying.

I’m not going to be disappointed if it doesn’t get renewed, it just wasn’t very good this year. The retooling decisions were either bad (Ames is possibly the worst character on television and Ilsa is very near the bottom) or badly implemented (really heavy handedly relating every single episode to their personal lives) and while there were cool scenes here and there, the overall episodes just weren’t good.

I have to disagree, I think it was a very successful season.

Why do you hate America?

At the risk of being viewed as a threadshitter (which is not my intent), I’d like to ask what it is about this show that has people so lathered up. I watched a couple of shows from last season, was completely unimpressed, and gave it another try this season. We sat down and watched a couple of episodes (the one where the thieves took the high-brow party hostage while they drilled under the building, and the one where Guerrero was chucked into an Alabama prison for killing some guy).

At the end, my wife and I looked at each other and kinda went, “Meh. Lame.”

What are we missing?

If the show doesn’t end up being renewed, I won’t really care. The changes they made for the second season didn’t work particularly well. Neither new character is very good, and the idea of taking the low-rent group and putting it in the lap of luxury would have worked a lot better, I think, if we had had more time to appreciate them in their low-rent days. Angel, for instance, gave us four seasons before pulling that move.

Sadly, not much, anymore. They have undergone major changes and I have to agree with a few others who think it has declined.

In the beginning, there was a lot of potential for a fun action show. I kind of think the showrunners, who were replaced for season 2, blew it.

I was hoping it’d be as fun as early seasons of Alias, if you liked that. It wasn’t.

I assume it will be canceled.