Holy Shit! I'm MARRIED!!!!!

That’s right, friends.

My one true love and I tied the knot on Saturday. It was a surprisingly beautiful ceremony. Surprising, because we put it all together in 5 days. (actually, my part consisted only of getting the day off work, renting the tuxes, and staying out of the way. the womenfolk took care of the rest)

We had to get married fast. We had origionally planned on October 16th. However, my one true love’s mother is in an advanced stage of cancer. It was important that we have the wedding while she was still alive and lucid enough to understand what was happening. We had the ceremony in her parent’s living room, her mother in a rented hospital bed in the middle of everything.

It was fantastic. MOTL was heartbreakingly beautiful. I was quite dashing, if I do say so myself. The people we loved most were able to attend, even on such short notice. The Maid of Honor and Best Man were lesbian lovers and close friends of ours for years. Even the most conservative attendees took this in stride. The photographer (who anoyed me to no end at the wedding because I don’t like to photographed and hate being ‘posed’) actually did a great job. He put all the photo’s on a CD (a rush job) so we could show them to MOTL’s mother on a laptop we (I) held over her bed. (she cannot sit up at all)

I married the best friend I have ever had. And we laughed and had a good time during the ceremony. At one point in the cermony, my sponsor’s cell phone began to rang. As he hurriedly tried to shut it off, MOTL said “That’s God calling”. It probably was.

Wow, what a great story. Congratulations!

It’s so good that YOTL’s mother got to see the event and be there! I’m wishing you both all the best.

That’s lovely. My best wishes go out to you. Many happy years ahead! And my best wishes and prayers go out for your bride’s mother as well.

Congrats to you and MOTL. What does that stand for by the way?

“My One True Love”, roger.

Congratulations spooje! :slight_smile:

Thanks, Silver Fire. Some are easier to guess than others!

Huzzah, Spooje! Blessings on you.

Congratulations, spooje… weddings are such wonderful things.

I’m glad you’ve found your special someone. :slight_smile:

Congratulations!

Congratulations spooje! I’m glad that you shared this happy time with us.

Much congratulations, spooje! My best wishes to you and YOTL for a life of love, harmony, peace, and companionship.

When come back from honeymoon, please bring wedding photos.

Best congratulations, spooje! The way you thought of your mother-in-law’s health is very touching…

Congrats bro.

May she throw less the five frying pans at your head during your life together. :stuck_out_tongue:

Best thread title I’ve seen in a long time :smiley:

Congratulations, spooje!!

Wow! Congrats! It sounds like a beautiful wedding. I’m so glad YOTL’s mom could be there.

: raises a glass :
May your lives together be filled with joy!

That’s GREAT!! Conmgratulations, may you two live a happy and wonderful life.

Happy happy!!!

Now what the hell did you go and do that for? :wink:

Sorry, but the way you worded the thread title, I couldn’t resist …

Raising a glass to you and YOTL, spooje - Congratulations!!!

Congrats, spooje! Couldn’t happen to a nicer fellow. And how wonderful, that you were able to do this with your mother in law present. I’m sure it meant a lot to her, as well as the both of you.