I would suggest we post the rumors we are following and discuss.
At this early point I am only up on Yankee stuff.
The Matsuzaka bidding is complete and will be review Friday. So we should know by next Monday which team won the auction. Here are some stats.
Matsuzaka's Career With Seibu
W-L ERA SO IP
2006 17-5 2.13 200 186.3
2005 14-13 2.30 226 215.0
2004 10-6 2.90 127 146.0
2003 16-7 2.83 215 194.0
2002 6-2 3.68 78 73.3
2001 15-14 3.60 214 240.3
2000 14-7 3.97 144 167.6
1999 16-5 2.60 151 180.0
I hope the Yanks take a good look at lefty reliever Hideki Okajima. He announced Nov. 1 he would file for free agency.
“After years of getting into trouble with the command of his forkball, Okajima has developed a devastating overhand curve and could be the bargain of the bunch.”
Mike Mussina is on the verge of signing a two-year deal worth $22 million.
Cashman’s next crossroads will be deciding where to trade Gary Sheffield – the Cubs and Phillies are among the front-runners.
Jim