Household jobs you really really hate

I go on a housekeeping tear once in a blue moon, the collapse and torpidly watch it all go to pot again.

I like doing laundry (clean clothes smell!) and keeping the kitchen and bathroom gleaming. But I have an irrational and deep seated hatred for stacking and unloading the dishwasher. I’d rather hand wash them. Go figger.

It helps–a bit–to load the silverware in by type: forks, spoons, knives, so I can unload them in order. I’ve had a dishwasher full of clean dishes and washed up bits and pieces as I’ve used them rather than unload the sucker.

It makes no sense.

Veb

I’m surprised no one has mentioned cleaning toilets yet. Or is that the Chore That Shall Not Be Named?
– Sylence

I don’t have an evil side. Just a really, really apathetic one.

Yeeks to doing the dishes. I hate it. I guess it’s because it was my designated chore growing up with six siblings, and I’m stuck with an 11 year old mind thinking it will take forrrreeevvvveerrrr…

Karma rebounds and blessed me with a husband who doesn’t mind it.

Toilets I attack as a mission. Sometimes I’ll let em go a bit long. But when someone’s coming to visit, it’s the first thing I do: scrub that toilet til it’s spotless. I dunno, it’s some weird mental vortex…there can be stuff piled up on the kitchen table, but the toilet has to be spotless. If the guest doesn’t use the bathroom, I feel kinda letdown.

I’d rather not analyze this…

1. Cooking after work.

2. Washing the pan and plate.

3. Cleaning the rooms in anyway.

4. Doing laundry, I have to leave the house to do it.

5. Mowing the lawn.

6. Repairing the broken things.

7. Putting away anything I had to dig out of the closet.

8. Putting away the camping gear from this summer. I have no storage space.

9. Just add any household chore that I missed to the list. I’m sorry for missing it in advance.

Cleaning the bathroom. Feh! I hate mopping the floor, scrubbing the tub, the shower walls, all that crud. I really do.

Then again, mopping in general is a pain in the ass.

I hate ironing. I almost never do it.

Balancing the checkbook. I do it every month, but I don’t like it.

Cleaning the litterbox. Notsomuch to removal of dirty litter, but having to dump it all out and scrub the crusty thing. Ick!

The kitchen, I don’t mind so much. Except for the mopping.

I used to think the world was against me. Now I know better. Some of the smaller countries are neutral.

Laura’s Stuff and Things

I’m with MoosieGirl (and the others) who dislike it all.

But I’m single, so something has to be done.

So I have a cleaning lady. Bliss!

(This post could be considered sexist. Can I just say therefore, that I’m sure I would have the same attitude if I was female, and also that I would be happy to have a cleaning man.)