Houston Dopers! MST3K Comes to Houston... sortof!

A couple of weeks ago, an old Austin favorite, The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema opened up a branch at West Oaks Mall (Westheimer and Highway 6). In case you don’t know, the Alamo Drafthouse is a first run movie theater which serves beer, wine, food, and the regular movie faire. Plus, to top it all off they bring it to your seat!!! Woot!

Of course it can’t be a cool movie theater without doing some really cool stuff. Since MST3K was taken off the air, there has been a void. Leave it up to Austinites to come up with a solution; Mr. Sinus Theater 3K. Its a live show, with three guys in the front row with microphones and their wit.

Now to bring this thread full circle. On June 14, Mr. Sinus Theater 3K will be performing at The Alamo Drafthouse in Houston. The movie they will be spoofing… The Terminator!!!

So I challenge all you HouDopes to come on out and support these guys, have some beer and enjoy what is most likely going to be a great evening of entertainment!

[sub]Plus you might see some other of the HouDopes. We need funny hats.[/sub]

Funny hat checkin’ in here. Actually, I have a potential conflict, but if that does not coalesce, I’ll try to make it.

Funny hat checkin’ in here. Actually, I have a potential conflict, but if that does not coalesce, I’ll try to make it.

Damn, I wish I could make it. However, on June 14, I’ll be in Little Rock, AR, recovering from my testing for 5th Degree Black Belt the day before (yep - Friday the 13th :slight_smile: ), and helping to run the ATA World Championship Tournament.

If someone with two heads will wear my hat on the other one, I’d appreciate it.

Apparent two-headed doper responding. What was that you wanted me to do, again?