How 'bout them A's?

I don’t usually follow baseball, but I did grow up going to A’s games. They have just won their 20th consecutive game! If they win the next one, they’ll tie the all-time winning streak (with no ties). Woo hoo! Go A’s! I wonder if they still play Kool and the Gang at the end of every win?

Too bad I can’t watch or hear the games. Anybody know if I can get the games on the internet?

It is incredible. Statistically speaking, it is bizarre as hell.

Can you imagine how fun it must be for those guys? They must all be so locked in, and feeding off each other.

I’d hate to be the one who screws it up.

Well, during the postgame interview of Scott Hatteberg (tonight’s ninth-inning hero), they were playing “Rock and Roll all Night”, by Kiss…

They’ll drive us wild, indeed.

And you can get webcasts of the radio broadcasts of the games through Major League Baseball’s website. It costs I dunno how much money.

The only thing that will get me back into baseball is if the A’s beat the Yankees this year.

–A long-time, disgruntled A’s fan

Maybe not so fun Milosarian: all this reminded me of the movie Bull Durham: do the A’s are now in a superstition funk? Like touching items related to the streak before a game, or not giving the significant other any loving while the streak is on?? :slight_smile:

How 'bout them, indeed. Jeez, what I watch baseball for is pitching, and the A’s have got that in spades. Best starting rotation in baseball, period. Sure, Arizona has the two best pitchers, but beyond that, no significant starters to speak of.

The trouble is, the Yankees probably have the second best starting rotation (possibly the Red Sox, but I think they miss the boat, just barely). It’s gonna be a barn-burner of a playoff in the old AL this year.

God, wouldn’t an A’s-D’backs World Series be great? I mean, the streak is great and all, but I’m looking forward, man!

I hate them. HATE THEM.

The Angels are playing the best, most consitantly good ball in their history, and are getting completely overshadowed.

Yeah. It’s gotta suck to go 14-4 and LOSE 4 games in the standings…

However, look on the bright side: do you really want Disney winning the World Series? Rally monkey or no, that would be terribly wrong.

The Yanks bullpen is in trouble with Rivera’s injury woes. That team is starting to show their age.

Go A’s. Go Twins. Continue to show Bud and the owners as idiots in saying that small market teams can’t compete.

Aberration, my ass. Solid organizational philosophy can win in spite of money. You may lose players once they develop into superstardom, but you can continue developing new ones.

The Yanks bullpen is in trouble with Rivera’s injury woes. That team is starting to show their age.

Go A’s. Go Twins. Continue to show Bud and the owners as idiots in saying that small market teams can’t compete.

Aberration, my ass. Solid organizational philosophy can win in spite of money. You may lose players once they develop into superstardom, but you can continue developing new ones.

(Giants fan mutters a bit)

and then gives the A’s the props they richly deserve. They are on FIRE! and I am very jealous.

Spooje: did you also know the Angels have the best last-place record in baseball history? A couple years ago, they went 81-81 and finished last in the 7-team AL West, which was a record.

All I’ve got to say is about tonight’s game is :frowning:

My second favorite tream is whoever is playing the Yankees. There is nothing I would like better than to see the A’s beat the Yankees in the playoffs. (OK, there are plenty of things I’d rather see - I’m only speaking in terms of baseball.)

this explains mlb on the net
Just another way to be riipped of by mlb

Forget the live broadcasts–sign up for the condensed games. You get the game edited down so every pitch results in a hit or an out. It takes like 10 minutes to watch and says a lot about how boring baseball is.

Yeah, but elwood, the condensed games are the boring part of baseball. The interesting parts is the stuff they edit out.

Just goes to show, different strokes for different folks.