How do pronounce wheelbarrow?

Wheel-barrow, just as it’s spelled.

Uh, no.

Dog. Or boot. Or dog-in-the-boot, if at all possible.
Wheelbarrow, definitely an ‘a’.

Barrow is “bear-oh.” Borrow is “bah-ro.” At least in Minnesota, we say “wheel-bear-oh.”

“Wheel-barrel” is wrong everywhere.

Ah Yeay-up. That’s how it’s sed. ::puts thumbs under armpits::

Those are always available, because people only want the car. Just think about it. Someone offers you for free a boot, a flatiron, a thimble, a wheelbarrow, a dog, or a car? Who wouldn’t take the car?

Alright, really, I love dogs, so the dog is real tempting. But I already the best dog ever, so I’d definitely take the car right now.

I definitely say ‘barrow’. It’s on the same list as ‘spigot’ is in my brain. I make the effort and make a deliberate pronunciation.

My mom’s family name is Barrows, pronounced “borrows,” and even they rhyme it with arrow. Not sure I’ve ever heard wheelbOrrow.

Sure, another regional variation. But you don’t think you’re saying ‘barrel’ when you say ‘bear-oh’. It’s just how you say ‘barrow’.

“wheel-bear-oh”

Barrow is pronounced bear-oh. Borrow is pronounced bar-oh. They aren’t the same in my region, nor in any accent I’ve ever heard.

Sorry, I got for the dog, too.

I’d say bear-oh, but I’d understand (and probably mis-hear) barrel.

And I can never hear “wheelbarrow” without thinking of Grandma Dorothy’s Cousin-in Law, Buster. But that would be a thread hijack.

Whee-ul Barrah. Cuz I tawk lock iyuss. :smiley:

Wheel borrow? I have never in my life heard it pronounced this way.

I also think the Home Depot sales clerk probably heard “bah-roh” even though you said “bah-rel” I’ve only heard kids pronounce it ‘wheel barrel’, and not really often.

I couldn’t choose the first because I don’t hear barrow and borrow as sounding the same. But wheel barrow to rhyme with narrow is how I pronounce it.

It’s been so long since I’ve seen that word written down, I forgot it wasn’t wheelbarrel, as that’s what everyone around here says.

^^ This is how I say it.

I worked with an old coot who used only two syllables for the word.

He only knew about a dozen words to start with.

'Wheel barrow, just as spelt. If I’m slurring my speech a bit, it may be more like ‘wheel burrow’, or even ‘whee uh burrow’.

Borrow (which isn’t pronounced bar oh - both the os are pronounced the same) and barrel are right out.

The Cockney rhyming slang for wheelbarrow is “straight and narrow,” not “bitter sorrow.”

Wheel-bear-oh.

btw, borrow, for me, is pronounced ‘boar-oh’.

Not close in my dialect. One has a short “a” (/æ/), the other has a vowel closer to an “ah,” like /ɒ/ or /ɑ/ (the way I say it.)