How do you like your eggs?

You’re not me in disguise, are you?

Runny yolks in the only way to go. Cooked yolks are nasty with a capitol NASTY. The exception being deviled eggs, so so much other stuff is mooshed up in them.

Poached eggs are the best, but I can never make them right, so I settle for over easy.

And Anaamika, eggs benedict with a HARD yolk? A sin against nature, that is.

Sunny side up, especially when I am having hash brown taters. The runny egg yoke makes tasty gravy for the hashbrowns. Other than that, scrambled and poached also work.

I LOVE EGGS! And I eat a lot of them because they are cheap. Sometimes, if I find a lot of money on the way through the parking lots to class and back, I can afford some turkey bacon to cook in with them or potatoes to make hashbrowns. Bread is pretty cheap too, so I can eat toast sometimes too.

Also, when I am living it up, I like to cook up an egg and slap it on top of a hamburger.

I’m with the eggs any style, unless it’s mixed with peppers, which don’t agree with me. I think I could eat eggs every day, especially if somebody else cooked them for me.

My favorite is SSU. I hate it when a cook makes the outer part of the yolk a bit too hard. There’s not enough runniness for the toast when they do that. Over easy is ok but it’s just too that much more work to get the nice runny yolk out.
I also love hard boiled and deviled. But when HB, I only eat the yolk. The whites gross me out when they’re solid like that. Deviled whites are ok because of the extra stuff in the yolk disguising the taste of the white. Even with SSU, I rarely eat the white. I’ve never had soft boiled or poached but I’d love to try them.

Scrambled eggs and omelets are just nasty. The smell, the texture, the taste - ugh.

Why is it that eggs smell different depending on how you cook them?

I’ll eat eggs in just about any way, shape or form. As a matter of fact, I had egg salad for lunch today. :smiley: But SSU and deviled eggs are probably my favorites.

Are you Australian or Canadian, by any chance? Do you add sliced beets to that too?

I love eggs… Boiled eggs need to have a soft, but not runny, yolk. Fried have to be over easy. Love love love deviled eggs and egg salad. Tuna salad with chopped hard-cooked eggs. Toast with creamed spinach topped with chopped hard-boiled eggs. Omelets. Scrambled eggs. Eggs Benedict. There are more…

GT

Over medium. Solid enough to pick off the white around the edges, yet runny enough yolk to sop up with toast.

Scrambled. With salsa or tomato and cheese in it.

Whites firm, yolks runny. This is apparently very difficult to do. I used to always order eggs over medium but then the yolks almost always come out firm. Now I order the eggs over easy and most of the time I get what I want.
Ocassionally, however, I get eggs with runny whites and firm yolks. How the hell can you cook an egg and have it come out that way? :confused:

Why not sunny-side up? Don’t know. Just never tried it.

Bob

Fried, poached, boiled, scrambled, in omelettes, but not hard-boiled. Hard-boiled is gross. My fried eggs must be over easy, with the white set but the yolk runny.

Yum.

Scrambled. Fried hard on toast with some cheese and bacon. Omelette with tons of cheddar and some meat (ham, bacon, sausage).

I love eggs. Mmmm…

You must frequent different breakfast places than I do. I switched from over easy to over medium 'cause I was getting the whites runny.

Heh heh heh! Ever read this old thread of mine?

Over easy is supposed to be “whites runny”

Over medium is “whites hard, yolk runny”.

urban1z’s cook doesn’t seem to know what’s what. Of course, what we cooks usually run into are people who order over easy when what they really want is over medium, but they don’t know any better. Probably because their moms called every fried egg “over easy”.

I like most kinds of eggs.

Fried eggs: whites, white (I don’t mind if they’re a little runny, as long as they’re not clear), yolks soft
Boiled eggs: 4 minute, soft-boiled egg, i.e the yolk is runny enough to dunk soldiers
Scrambled eggs: ideally with black pepper and smoked salmon
Omelettes: yummy, but too much fuss for me to make myself, I also like sweet omelettes served with raspberry jam.
Poached eggs: Yolks soft, either as eggs Benedict, eggs Florentine or on a piece of toast topped witha slice of cheese and under the grill (broiler) until the cheese melts.
Devilled eggs: if the yolks are mixed with salad cream, yes, mayonnaise, no.
Eggy fried bread, quiche, flan, meringues, I love them all. I like pretty much everything except hard-boiled eggs (but I’ll eat them if they’re put in front of me).

My husband, OTOH considers that the only proper place for an egg is as an ingredient in a meringue, pastry, pancake, bread or batter. He is not a big fan of anything where you can actually taste the egg.

Which reminds me- I have 3 eggs in the fridge that have been there for a while, I better check if they’re edible or not.

How could I have forgotten shirred eggs?

I got a truly evil recipe from a book my mom had called the Nero Wolf cookbook.

Two eggs in a ramekin, fill with light cream. Plop in two cooked sausages, sprinkle with salt and paprika, and bake till firm. An artery-destroying miracle!

I’ll only eat them hard scrambled, which is shorthand for, “scramble the shit out of them.” The idea of runny eggs makes me gag. And I won’t even consistently eat non-runny scrambled eggs. For instance, I won’t eat fast-food restaurant eggs. When I do eat eggs–hard scrambled, usually at Denny’s–I have to put way too much salt on them, otherwise the taste is overwhelming.

Scrambled-soft and wet or an omelet (with bacon, cheddar cheese and green peppers) also soft and wet.

Both must also be heavily sprinkled with black pepper.

I too dislike mayonnaise but until just now had never heard of ‘salad cream’. I’ll have to see if they sell it in Colorado.

Bob

I like my eggs on the Jersey side.

Actually, I have no idea what that means, but if it’s good enough for Cab Calloway, it’s good enough for me.

Otherwise, scrambled, omelet or deviled. I’ll even eat pickled hard-boiled eggs, but only if they come from a huge jar in some grungy shot-and-a-beer dive.