How do you like your eggs?

People, people. I have come to bring you “over medium or less” folks good tidings of great joy. There is something you simply must try. You might already know about it, but I heard about it for the first time just a couple of weeks ago.

One word. Basted. Try this the next time you go to a restaurant for breakfast and you will thank me. They’re like over medium eggs, but basted with butter, so they’re super tasty. Plus, they look like they belong in a commercial.

Well you make it sound much worse than it is. It’s not just what you describe, there are plenty other ingrediants that make it more than some sort of congealed vampiric water baloon.

As for eggs, I like 'em runny as I can get them.

I am fully with you. The only time I think I am ever rude is when someone is cooking me and egg and I warn them there better not be any runny shit in it when I get it. I tell them if they are in doubt, cook it some more.

I like eggs cooked pretty well any way, poached, scrambled, omelette, over easy, sunny side up, basted, and hard boiled. I’ve even cooked them in a canned mexican green pork sauce, (don’t remember it’s name, and the store that carried it is out of business now) almost a poaching technique crossed with frying. Not sure what you’d call it, I warmed the sauce in the skillet, then cracked eggs in and put a lid on and simmered it for a bit, until the egg was pretty well firm. I like the white to be “set”, and I don’t like them if they are overdone and tough. I’m not really fond of very soft boiled eggs, not sure why. Even so, I don’t eat eggs by themselves or egg dishes every day, though I do garnish with boiled egg often. Now, for a moment of evil! :smiley: Eggs!
[SUB]Come on, it had to be done! All those posts, and no one linked that?[/SUB]

Adding, the sauce was fairly mild, it might have just been the particular brand, but it didn’t taste like other Mexican green sauces I’d had. It might have been Mesa Verde though. It WASN’T green mole for sure. It had a bit of jalepeno bite to it, but not like salsa or anything.

Aha! I think I’ve found it. This is something I recommend trying with eggs. Add some water to the sauce, it’s pretty thick, and use gentle (low!) heat to heat it. Stay over it stirring it! The water will help cook the egg when you put the lid on. Garnish with cheddar if you like. It’s very good. I think I might have gotten cans of mild, what I had wasn’t very hot at all, but very savory.

Bleh, I see I didn’t mention that you should make a “hollow” in the sauce, so the egg touches the skillet, and is surrounded by the sauce. It will also cook if you put the egg on top of the sauce, but it takes longer. Simmer on low heat, just enough to steam, not enough to scorch. I’ve found you can make 3-4 eggs per can of sauce, this dish was a hit with my friends.

I like mine runny. A three minute egg.

I guess being from the limp-wristed west coast you’ve never been to your very own offal-munching Deep South then? There, they dine on “chitlins” - as well as whole pickled pigs’ trotters as a snack food. Black pudding is mild by comparison a fine foodstuff as long as you don’t think about it. As Cluricaun says, it has other redeeming ingredients in it. Like, er… lard.

Anyway, back to eggs. Yeah, runny eggs. Mmm. I like the Japanese ramen and soba where they crack a raw egg on the top of the soup and it only slightly cooks.

Three cheers for half-cooked neatly encapsulated hens’ periods!

Runny eggs are yucky! Gross! :slight_smile: I like mine over hard, boiled with seasoning salt, in omelettes, or scrambled…but never, ever can be runny. I always cook my scrambled eggs to dryness because of it…

I also luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve Eggs Benedict.

You know, God kills…well, okay, God becomes extremely cross with a kitten when you order Eggs Benedict with the eggs poached hard.

Scrambled, hard. Very hard.

Omlettes, cooked… you guessed it, hard.

Egg salad.

Deviled eggs, on occasion.

In order of prefrence:

Deviled. Yum.
Hard Boiled.
Sunny side up.
Poached.
Scrambled (runny).

I like runny yolks, but hard whites.

I like my eggs raw and in the dog food bowl so the dog can eat them. I don’t really enjoy eggs very much.

Poached, with a liquidy yolk, served on an english muffin along with vegemite, butter, summersausage, very very old cheddar cheese, and chipotle sauce.

Runny yolks are meant to be eaten with toasted bread products. Period.

In cookies and cakes.

OK, I’ll take 'em scrambled, hard-fried, hard-boiled, deviled, or (occasionally) as Eggs Benedict - that’s poached, isn’t it?

But I still prefer them in cookies and cakes.

I suppose I usually order eggs at a restaurant scrambled, and when scrambled, I like them hard. Nothing I dislike more than watery, runny scrambled eggs.

HOWEVER, once we’re talking fried, the runnier the better (I favored SSU as a kid, butas an adult there were salmonella scares regarding SSU, so I developed a taste for over easy. Either way, that yolk better be as liquid as possible, so I can sopit up with my toast.

I also love making and eating omelettes, especially when beer is used as the liquid base.

Hard boiled I only ever ate at Easter, and the green skin the yolk would develop always squicked me out, so I used to just eat the whites, with lotsa salt.

I must have had poached eggs at some point or another, and they’re all right.

Deviled, soft-boiled? Never had 'em.

They are of coure best in cookies, cakes, pancakes, cinnamon french toast and waffles.

I’d like three eggs, over easy, with bacon and hash browns…black coffee…toast, please, no jelly…Five slices of bacon, if you can… not too crisp :slight_smile: Thanks A Million! :::leaves big tip:::
Dear Sweet God, thank you for Waffle House! :smiley:

I’m completely with you, Silens, while my bf is completely against you. :slight_smile:

I like eggs in almost any configuration. They’re one of my favorite foods.

More and more, I like them cooked less. I used to like over medium and hard scrambled, but my favorites are now lightly poached, over easy, and soft scrambled.