I’m thinking about loading it up again, but I’m definitely sure that I am completely and utterly bored with my old way of playing. Can you suggest to me something that would be interesting?
Here’s what I used to do:
- Item collecting: I think I’m just missing like 2 items, I don’t feel any loss in my life if I end up never getting those.
- Sorc builds: I think I have a complete collection of every single possible sorc build (at least the ones that aren’t “challenge” builds, like melee sorcs.) Some (blizz sorc, chain lightning sorc) I have many different varieties, but I’ve also done fireball, hydra, meteor and orb builds.
- Barb builds: I think I’ve covered every interesting build: thrower, frenzy, ww, gold find, magic find, leap attack, etc. (Note: the tank builds aren’t interesting to me.)
- Assy, druid: I just don’t like them, period. Never took one past Normal level.
- Paladin: I made a few hammerdins and zealers, but they’re about as exciting as the assy/druid builds.
- Amazon: I have many bowazons and Lightning fury zons and hybrid LF/Bow zons. Probably my 2nd favorite after Sorcs. Way overpowered though.
- I’ve been tinkering with the idea of a One Point Wonder Barb: one point in Whirlwind, Berzerk, but maxxed out in the passive defensive skills like Iron Skin and Natural resistance.
- Maybe switch to hardcore only, and take single chars through hell, no muling.
- One build I never really finished was the Jabbazon. Seems like a poor man’s Zealot though, and Jab didn’t get good synergies.
- Maybe I’ll take a shot at the timed Diablo 2 record at Twin Galaxies. Iirc, it was an assy doing normal up to Baal in under 90 minutes or something, straight through.
- One project I never really finished was max displayed phys damage character. Before synergies, leap attack had the highest potential, after synergies, it was paladin’s charge. But, I could never get the perfect eth war pike. I bid 80 sojs on an eth Cruel War Pike once, but i was outbid.
Suggestions? What do you do (did do) that was (is still) fun?