How does an orgy happen?

[QUOTE=Green Bean]
Okay–but how did you know who to network with??
[/QUOTE]

I would guess you just keep asking people until someone doesn’t give you the hairy eyeball in return.

In Soviet Russia, orgy organizes YOU.

You know, the good Ol’ Soviet Russia joke will never get old. Never.

[QUOTE=figure9]
UH-OH! No listing in my yellow pages under Orgy Planner.
[/QUOTE]

Did you look under “Ball Bearings?”

[QUOTE=featherlou]

Good question, Mouse. Never having participated, been invited to participate, or had even the faintest idea that there were orgies going on anywhere, I have no idea about the answers.
[/QUOTE]

I lived with a polyamorous couple for a few years. They would tell me when “company” was going to be over.
I learned two things very quickly:

  1. I’m not the poly type. (They asked if I’d like to join, I declined. I guess that counts as an orgy invitation.)
  2. Always call before coming home unexpectedly.

[Quote=fetus]
I wouldn’t be surprised if Calgary had at least one swinger’s club that hosts 1-3 orgies a week.
[/QUOTE]

A couple of people from my department are moving to Canada. Maybe this is one of the perks?

[QUOTE=Czarcasm]
No, I think I’ll stay where I am most needed in these trying times. Moderating orgies is a thankless task, but somebody has to do it.
[/QUOTE]

I bet it’s thankless. Who wants a moderate orgy? That’s a rhetorical question.

Read Marquis de Sade’s stuff. IIRC, he organized orgies on a regular basis (irl, as well as in his writings. Philosophy in the Bedroom comes to mind.

[QUOTE=HazelNutCoffee]
Read Marquis de Sade’s stuff. IIRC, he organized orgies on a regular basis (irl, as well as in his writings. Philosophy in the Bedroom comes to mind.
[/QUOTE]

I always thought Sade was more the internet hero type (17th Century version). I do know that he got into considerable trouble on several occassions when he served prostitutes drugged chocolate, in the hope of making them wild and uninhibited.

[QUOTE=fetus]
I imagine the popes, kings, etc. could just ask someone to round up however many people they want. OTOH, my ex-roommate works at a hospital where he says there’s a “Naughty Nurses” group that rounds up a whole bunch of young hospital employees via MySpace and organizes a big orgy. (Coworkers only because everyone knows who’s on the pill, who’s got herpes, etc. It’s a brilliant idea.)
[/QUOTE]

I think that qualifies as taking “inappropriate use of corporate Internet technologies” to a whole new level.

[QUOTE=saoirse]
I do know that he got into considerable trouble on several occassions when he served prostitutes drugged chocolate, in the hope of making them wild and uninhibited.
[/QUOTE]

That doesn’t sound like a good idea. Depending on what he used, the only thing that would become uninhibited would be their bowels. (Unless he was into that sort of thing.)

[QUOTE=Ethilrist]
I think that qualifies as taking “inappropriate use of corporate Internet technologies” to a whole new level.
[/Quote]

I was thinking that this looked like a whole slew of HIPPA violations!

[QUOTE=Evil Captor]
How does an orgy happen? Well, when a mommy and a daddy and a mommy and a daddy and a mommy and a daddy and a mommy and a daddy and a mommy and a daddy and a mommy and a daddy and a mommy and a daddy and a mommy and a daddy and a mommy and a daddy and a mommy and a daddy and a mommy and a daddy and a mommy and a daddy and a mommy and a daddy love each other VERY much …
[/QUOTE]

Love it! That is funny stuff right there :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Mouse_Maven]
That doesn’t sound like a good idea. Depending on what he used, the only thing that would become uninhibited would be their bowels. (Unless he was into that sort of thing.)

I was thinking that this looked like a whole slew of HIPPA violations!
[/QUOTE]

Nitpick: HIPAA.

And the drugs made them dizzy and nauseous, which prompted them to press charges.

I’m reminded of the Mel Brooks movie (History of the World: Part I?) where there is the banquet & orgy scene. Instead of First Come, First Serve, the slogan was: “First Serve, First Cum”. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=saoirse]
Nitpick: HIPAA.
[/QUOTE]

Only on SMDB would you interrupt a discussion about orgies to set everyone straight on the correct acronym for a US Federal law… :smack:

Reading this thread makes me realize that I hang out with the wrong people… :wink:

[QUOTE=Mouse_Maven]
<snip>A couple of people from my department are moving to Canada. Maybe this is one of the perks?
[/QUOTE]

Well, we don’t advertise it…

[QUOTE=featherlou]
Well, we don’t advertise it…
[/QUOTE]

It would explain why so many people live somewhere so cold. :smiley:

Same way you knew who to network with for other things considered unsavory for society, like drugs etc.

I’m just saying that pretty much all metro areas seem to have a very active swingers scene including businesses set up explicitly for that purpose.

:confused: How is logging on to MySpace at home inappropriate use of corporate Internet technologies?

[QUOTE=fetus]
I wouldn’t be surprised if Calgary had at least one swinger’s club that hosts 1-3 orgies a week. San Diego does, though I’ve never been.
[/QUOTE]

I know Baton Rouge has a facility that hosts parties for both swingers and BDSM (not on the same nights), and that’s not counting the private events. I’ve had close friends in both communities… I’m apparently their token vanilla friend. :smiley:

Come to think of it, Lafayette (a much smaller community in southcentral “Cajun country” Louisiana) has a BDSM group that meets regularly, so I’m assuming the swinging groups are alive and well there as well.

[QUOTE=lisacurl]

Come to think of it, Lafayette (a much smaller community in southcentral “Cajun country” Louisiana) has a BDSM group that meets regularly, so I’m assuming the swinging groups are alive and well there as well.
[/QUOTE]

BDSM Cajuns?!? It boggles the mind. Aligator leather gear? Latex that includes bayou reeboks? Gumbo file flavored lube? Les bon ton temps roule! :smiley:
I was born in Natchitoches and spent my childhood in Baker.

Bayou Bondage

band name