How has the disgraced, CONVICTED FELON, former but once again President Trump pissed you off today? (Part 2)

I think you’re right.

It’s up there with, “I am the state.”

Natalieburg

I think this comment severely overestimates the extent to which Trump gives a shit about Natalie.

“Vanceville? VANCEVILLE?!?!”

“Miss Hart gets one.”

Google and Apple revised their maps, for the US version at least, to “Gulf of America” at a time when Felon-ONE had just returned to DC. At this point, they may be more concerned about the overall public mood rather than the joy of snarfing up out of his diaper.

Why am I just learning about HOMES today? Now I can finally name all the lakes without forgetting Huron.

Oh nicely done. :+1:

That’s how I learned it in Michigan. Do they teach it elsewhere? It would seem like a good way for kid’s to learn that particular geography, but perhaps they only learn more local stuff?

I guess I assumed you were not from Michigan. Are you from MI or other great lakes states?

Also, you can reinforce assigning the names correctly by going west to east with the acronym Super Man Helps Every One.

Born and raised in Western Michigan. And I definitely remember the HOMES thing. Gah, I don’t think I’ve thought about that in at least 35 years.

Good Lord I’m getting old. :sleepy_face:

Thanks for this one. I immediately picture a map in my head and that helps with my geography lapses.

“It’s just a little place…”

The other unfortunate similarity to the old Superman movie is the fact that some in the Pentagon are worried about Trump nuking Iran.

The only time I can remember having to memorize the Great Lakes was during 5th grade in Colorado. I only just saw my first Great Lakes, Michigan, in 2025.

Nice :clap:

Yeah, if you grow up in Michigan, you are taught the ‘HOMES’ mnemonic soon after you learn the alphabet.

Any crossworder worth his salt knows HOMES.

Is there a trick to teach kids (and adults) to use an apostrophe correctly?

:face_with_monocle:

Just what I was going to say as well.

Obviously not. But, dammit, there needs to be one!

SMHEO FTW! If you pronounce it sm-he-o it’s easy.

HOMES is stupid.

I mean, I’d never use it just because my spatial memory isn’t the best and the HOMES ordering would constantly confuse me about the lakes’ relative geographical positions. Which is why I like the Superman mnemonic.