How hot is it-and discourse doesn't like the title so here are some more words that I can share

Central AZ, 11:00 pm and its down to 91F.

How hot is it in your neck of the woods? Please share the time and general location with the temp.

Discourse is a poopyhead.

75 degrees. North central Midwest. Nebraska. 1:19AM, sitting here listening to my air conditioning run.

I try to not check the temperature when the sun is up. Too darn discouraging.

17 °C or 62.6 merikan 4:34pm Sydney
Humidity: 68%
Wind: 11 km/h or 6.8 mph

Getting a bit cool. Got the fleecy on.

right now its 86 in the antelope valley ca at 11:37 how ever it was 106 at 6 pm so…

Well, for all those who believe that Canada is a land of perpetual ice and snow (most Dopers are unlikely to believe this, but there are a few total dipsticks, as we all know), let me rid you of that notion: yesterday, we broke a heat record. It was 35C (95F) here in southern Alberta.

97 yesterday afternoon in DFW, Texas. 80 at 4:15 this morning. Via the thermometer on the side of my house.

If I may include some related griping. City electric workers came to the door yesterday to inform me that: a) An underground line has begun to fail (arcing); b) They must install a replacement – something significant running between two large transformers; and c) the chosen route is via the heretofore never-used easement at the back of my property – running the entire length of my new fence.

Yay. Not only will my yard be filled with workers and excavating equipment for a few days, I will likely lose some trees which have grown there in the 29 years the easement’s been ignored, and there’s that minor little issue of losing electric power – during the current heat wave.

52 degrees outside here in Olympia, WA.

68 degrees inside my bedroom due to this house’s thick-ass 1940s insulation and the west-facing windows that let the sun in on summer evenings.

6:30 am very high up in the Colorado Rockies. 47 degrees. Yesterday we got up into the high 70’s. We are very concerned about fire danger. Level one restrictions right now. Can’t even smoke a cig outside. No grilling no campfires (of course). We may break 80 today.

Heat is supposed to dissipate quickly in desert areas after the sun sets because of the cloudless dry air. That doesn’t seem to fit the definition of “dissipating quickly”. :flushed:

Sacramento, CA. 58F right now (5:45am), projected high 104F.

5:45 am, 51 F. Gonna get warmer soon.

71F here in New Jersey. Only getting up to 75 today. It’s been a temperature roller coaster this month.

Same down here in the DC 'burbs. We’ve had the AC off & windows open since yesterday morning and a nearby Weather Underground station doesn’t expect to get much above 80° until Friday.

What the hell? It is 10:34 am, and the temp has only risen to 59 F.

Well, at least this is a thread in which I feel comfortable answering the question “how hot is your wife”.

This is the time of year where I get a large temperature difference between my work and home. I work on the coast in Los Angeles. Yesterday afternoon, I left work at 75 F (24 C) and 100 ft (30 m) altitude. I drove home, about 30 miles (50 km) inland and 600 ft (200 m) altitude, where it was at 105 F (40 C). Wear layers and know your micro-climates. :smiley:

Minneapolis, 1:55pm, 84F, projected high 90F.
After a stretch of 90’s, I’ll take it.
The longest 90+ streak here was 14 days in 1936. This most recent stretch, which ended a few days ago, was 9 days - including a few days with downright tropical dewpoints.

Luckily, I finally have central air as of this past Saturday. That evening was the first time I was able to sleep more than an hour or two at a time in 10 days. It was lovely.

82F, 28C - actually a pretty cool day this week.

I’m south of you. 101F today, Thur through Sun-109,110,110,105.
Currently 87F as of 12:05 PDT.

That was down from 109F. We don’t have clear skies now, though. They are hazy because of the smoke.