How I spent my Saturday – a boring MMP

:eek: but but but if you move, I won’t get to see you in March!

Dang - who knew you were such an old grouch!! :stuck_out_tongue: Actually, a properly maintained boat requires minimal effort to remain that way. It’s when you let stuff slip that things get out of hand in short order. Just for that, when we buy a boat, which ever one it may be, you can’t look at the pictures I’ll post. So there. Big ol’ poppyhead!!

:smiley:

It is too hot to breathe out there right now, and I should know. I went down to the Civic Center to give them some more money toward my hockey season ticket, and while I was there I shoveled up two bags of fresh, prime, grade-A elephant fertilizer. The circus is in town! I have tickets for the show tomorrow night. It’s 94 degrees out there. The fertilizer can stay in the bags until later.

Well, first off, it’s a sailboat. While it has a nice sized cockpit, it also has a tiller instead of a wheel, so you need room for the helmsman to steer. Comfortable seating could be had by 4 or 5 at most. Now, there would be room for more below, but who wants to go sailing on a glorious day and sit down below in a stuffy cabin? And a brave soul or two could sit forward, but under sail, said brave souls risk becoming entangled in sheets and/or the genoa. Under power, that’s less of an issue.

So it’s not so much how many the vessel can accommodate as how many can comfortably enjoy the trip. Heck, we might could work it out with 6 souls aboard total, but that starts to get, um, comfy.

If you’re interested, here’s the listing - if we do get it, the first thing to go is the aqua velour on the cabin cushions. ick.

Good afternoon all, I’m just stopping in for a second before I go back to working like a pack mule.

At some point this week I’m gonna vent here. I’m not sure if it’s pit-worthy or not, the next meeting will tell the tale.

Yeah, boats have a really low tolerance for what’s euphemistically called deferred maintenance. Especially if you’re deferring work on something that eventually becomes a hole in the hull. :eek:

Silly man - trust me, I’m more fiscally responsible than that. Having lived more years than I care to remember worrying about making minimum payments, I won’t get into that situation again. And we’re most definitely not going to offer what they’re asking - it’s just not worth that much. If we get it, great. If not, there are lots more boats out there, and we’ll keep looking to see what pops on the market.

To me, a genoa is a kind of salami. :stuck_out_tongue: So, I haven’t a clue how you’d get tangled in it.

She looks nice, though. In the pic labeled “V berth” is that just a picture of an anchor, or is that really where an anchor is stored? You’re absolutely right about the upholstery. That stuff has to go!

So Swampy, what I want to know is how does someone under the influence get a butane lighter to work when sober-as-a-judge Me, can’t? Or maybe that’s why they were left behind.

Also, I think they sell those re-fill cans as a joke. Can you tell my grilling plans didn’t go so well this weekend? The chicken is still sulking, all raw, in the fridge. Of which I want a new one. Actually one of my own instead of renting, as I have done for too many months to tell here, without embarrassment. Extreme 'barrassment.

Why yes, I have had a bunch of tea this morning. I’m gonna need it when I go shopping 'cause I have a million places to go and it’s 114 degrees, humid, and bright-sunny. Do I win a prize for most miserable temp?

picunurse, being another year older is entirely voluntary. I, in fact, have decided to not only not add any more years, I’m taking them away. It won’t be long before I’m sixteen again. You m’dear, are a sprightly 59, see?

When taters gets an urpy tummy, that’s where mashed potatoes come from. 'S true, I swear!

Off to see if I have TB, then meet the admissions charge at Target. Wheee!

Oh yeah - welcome CityGirl, and BrattiAtti! Howdy,** lieu**! We might have had a chance to meet again, but they’ve brough the training to us instead of sending us to Houston. Oh well…

Now that I’ve waded through the MMP, I can change my shirt so I can be comfy at PT. I was pretty good about doing my exercises over the weekend, although I should have done one more set yesterday. Still, I’m making progress, so that’s good.

And it’s hot hot hot here, too. My daughter is the only smart one - she’s in Seattle for the week. She complained about getting chilly last night when they slept with the windows open. What a brat! <sigh> lucky duck…

The genoa is the large head sail - bigger than a jib.

The picture of the anchor is on the anchor locker, but if you look below it, you’ll see what is a purplish futon-type mattress that fills the space. That, in land-lubbers’ terms, is the Master Bedroom. One sleeps with one’s head nearest the camera and one’s feet towards the anchor. In this particular boat, it’s very cozy. But since we’re not planning to live aboard long-term, it’s tolerable.

**FCM ** - why is that a yacht, and my friend’s 40’ Sloop is just a boat?

said sloop
with me for scale

Technically, any pleasure craft can be called a yacht. Personally, I reserve that name for vessels over 40’, but what do I know?? :wink:

Bobbio nice of Maddie the VunderDog to allow y’all to share her new home. :smiley: Then again, she must have servants, so she made a wise decision.

Ok, I’m not real thrilled about work right now. I had someone resign because well, my boss did not do what she should have done about a complaint. Basically she allowed one person to get away with stuff that should have been cause for some pretty stiff discipline. I’m not happy with her at all right now and pretty much told her she really fubared the whole thing. Now I have to replace a very good staff person. DAMMIT!!! Stoopid people who don’t do what they should. Anyway, I will get through this but I ain’t a happy bear right now.

Bumba interesting thing about that house is there’s no evidence anybody was actually living in it, just that it was a place to use drugs and errr… other extra-curricular activities. It is now all boarded up and the windows are nailed shut and the doors are padlocked. In a couple of weeks work will begin on the house, so maybe that’ll keep away all unsavory types. We shall see. It’s a cool old house though. Just needs work to be habitable again. I was afraid it’d be a money pit, but it doesn’t appear to be that way. The architect heading up the project says the house is really sound and he’s somebody we trust cause he’s been the architect on all our building projects thus far and knows his stuff.

Howdy Ashes[sup]2[/sup]! I’m not exactly sure what they do with the butane lighters, except I do know they are used to free base cocaine and to “cook” certain drugs before injecting 'em. I know more about this than I should but I’ve seen stuff like this many times. Sometimes I get to see stuff like that in my line of work. I’d rather not, but, well, it comes with the territory. Never fails to make me go all :eek: though.

Ok get this - they wants us to have a communications committee in our division. But when they were talking about the bext examples of communications, we have won the award every year.

I don’t think we need a committee… We are doing just fine by ourselves.

Say, she wouldn’t have a website demonstrating what to wear in each season, would she?

And FCM I have heard tell that the second happiest day in a boat-owner’s life is when they buy a boat. The happiest is when they sell it. Is this true?

Back for a mo–been running errands in against Geneva Convention heat.

Also been having fun and games with my computer and the university site. I think I may have it conquered. And to the chick at Apple help, who told me to reset my browser, thus losing all my passwords etc–I hope she has no A/C. So there.

Hello to all the newbies–that cop story is insane. I also received “improper lane usage”, on Cicero, heading north to Midway airport. This cop wasn’t a short Hispanic dude, was he? I got pulled over by a State Trooper who accused me of the above-I was taking my brother to the airport.

I went to pay the ticket and the guy behind the window asked what did I do? Did I go the wrong way down the street? I said no–the cop said I cut him off. He told me to save myself $50 (this was some time ago) and go to court.

I went to court, in street clothes, with my lab coat, (that says RN on it) and got up to the judge. He looked at me–the cop was a no show–and dismissed it! Yay me. Yay the guy behind the counter who told me to fight it. Good luck with your fight–I bet you’ll be successful.

It’s hotter’n blazes here and it sucks. Groceries melting before you get home from the store etc. Ugh and yuck–if I wanted to live like this, I would live in FL or TX. Blech.
Off to do something–at this point, I am running around like a chicken, bleating “gah” (yeah-so I mixed me metaphors–and?).

Stay cool, Cool Kids[sup]TM[/sup]

Oh, and it’s 91 here in southern suburbs of Chicago–which is 32 for you Canucks.
I’m afraid to check the heat index. There is a breeze, thank god.

:eek: Am I the only one who foresees an event of explosive nature?