How Many Sci Fi Sounds Can You Recognize?

It didn’t flash, it appears in the upper right corner above the next question.

That was the only one I stumbled on as well. The rest I could get instantly without looking at the choices.

64%. We are not smart.

I was about to say the same thing, almost word for word. We probably even got teh same ones wrong.

79, but it still counts me as a geek. I wonder where the cutoff is.

At conventions here in town and in Tucson, one of the evening panels is “What’s that byte?” A guy named Larry Vela has literally hundreds of sound snippets on his laptop, played through external speakers. The audience (generally about a dozen) is divided into two teams and before the file is played, one of three questions is asked: Name the actor, name the character (or Id the object), or name the movie (series).

No prizes but score is kept, including stumpers where no one can Id the sound. Needless to say, it’s not multi-choice.

Lot’s of fun.

86 - also couldn’t see the right/wrong. But I’m sure I messed up on destruct sequence and the last one.

93 the first time, 92 the second

Only 78%, because I’m not familiar with many older movies. I’d have done better if there was more Star Trek on the quiz. For example, I can name the episode to the answer of #11. Q Who? of the second season of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

64, mostly because I’m 19 and haven’t had the opportunity to see most of those movies.

Another 78% checking in, with the same problem - I’m not really familiar with much (other than Star Trek and The Twilight Zone) before the 1970s. Fun quiz, though.

I got 71. I’m pretty disappointed in myself.

93, but I did have to guess at a few I’ve never even seen.

63 credits. I love movies, but am not a particular Sci Fi guy. Apparently I have a hole in my pre 60’s movie trivia knowledge that I must work on.

93 Credits, I made a mistake on the last question.

100%

Now where’s the :nerd: smiley?

Last seen sharing a bottle of Mogen David with the Jewish Smiley.

100, with quite a few guesses. Most of the guesses were mildly educated, but still.

1. I am ashamed.

Ah, but you make me look good.
Should you need support on the SDMB, I am your man. :slight_smile:

Which one? She almost had more outfit changes than there were scene changes.

I got 64%. Didn’t get any Trek references, but made some good guesses on other movies I never saw.