How often do you post on Facebook each day?

I check FB once or twice a day when I’m online anyway but I update my status only once every three months or so.

I’ve blocked the ‘friends’ who post constantly about mundane stuff or overtly political crap but I have some friends who post everyday who tend to share interesting content.

I love how these threads get progressively more and more hipstery, the further they go along.

“I post a couple times a day.”

“I post once a month, TOPS. If I even remember that I have an account.”

“I can’t even remember the last time I posted. I only log on to Facebook to mock the plebeian lives of my friends and relatives.”

“I don’t even have an account, and if I did, I would not post on it.”

“I’ve never even heard of Facetube. What’s a bookface?”

“I don’t even use the Internet. I communicate using sticks and rocks.”

“I try to use no more than two stick-and-rock messages per week.”

I think the winner is the person who reveals that they have no communication with other human beings whatsoever, in any format.

I go on Facebook quite often, but I’ve only made one status update since Christmas.

:smiley:

(does a smilie face count as social communication?)

I didn’t vote because I fall into the zero to 1 category. Personal updates probably once a week or so. Usually trying to say something amusing with occasional success. I’ll share interesting articles I found slightly more frequently. Sometimes with comment sometimes without.

I put 1-2 times/ day, but I’m including hitting “Like” on other people’s stuff.

For myself, it goes in spurts depending on how busy or bored I am. Once a week is average, I’d guess.

I put in zero, since it’s maybe a post or two a month.

I voted 1-2 which is true most days. Sometimes i might go a few days without posting anything. but other days i might post 3-5 times.

As i’ve said in another thread about facebook, in my circle of friends i would say it is our primary means of communication/way of pulling together plans or parties.

I don’t even own a computer or smartphone. All the money i save can be put toward more scarves & mustache wax.

I average less than once a day. I’m of the theory that facebook is for making others jealous so I only post when I have something interesting that I’ve done or made. I just block people who blather all the time.

No. It just encourages people to talk to you. I limit my interactions with people to:

:mad:
:rolleyes:
and
:smack:

I post on average once or twice a week. Some days I’m feeling especially creative and let loose 3-4 posts. I “like” things 3-4 times a day probably. I log onto facebook constantly though. Probably a good 4-5 cumulative hrs a day.

Maybe once a week, typically in response to something one of my sisters said.

Just about once every blue moon, I think.

I post a lot here, but I’ve never used either Facebook or Twitter (and I’ve never sent a text either :eek: )

Does it count if I respond to stuff people put on my wall? If not, then over the past year, about 1/183rd of a post per day (i.e., I’ve made two posts). One was to thank people for wishing me a happy birthday, and one was to post my picture with Ke$ha.

I’m very tempted to buy the mug on thinkgeek that says: You read my mug. That’s enough social interaction for today.
I post somewhere between once a month and once a day. It’s definitely lessened as facebook has started leaning on the developer of my preferred facebook modifier to make it less effective and therefore less useful to me. I also have moved to some extent to tumblr.

I said 1-2. If something amusing happens, I might post about it. I will post funny CTA pictures that I take, or a video here and there, usually of a cat at the shelter, but sometimes mine at home. If something really annoying happens, I might gripe about it on FB, or if people might find something useful, I’ll post that. I get into conversations occasionally, generating 20-30 entries under one post - like a Super Bowl conversation last night about the recloseable Bud Light bottles.

Here’s the kitten video I posted from work tonight. Anyone can see this regardless of account. He’s been loose in the office for about a week and I just discovered that he fetches.

Particularly when it’s all happening on a message board, which is really just Facebook with strangers and no puppy pictures.

I post a lot, but don’t have any rules for myself. So one day I might post 5-6 times in a few hours if I’m sitting at home alone and I’ve read some interesting stuff I feel like talking about, other days I post once or twice or just share a funny picture, some days I don’t post at all. When I’m busy or on vacation I don’t have any motivation to interact with FB, but during a normal week I spend a lot of time bored at work. Whatever I put up is something I find funny or interesting, I don’t get people who post boring personal details all the time with ‘drinking x beer’ or ‘gym time’ or ‘my day was bad’.

Sometimes I go a week or two without posting a status…and sometimes I post 2 or 3 a day…although it’s usually things I’m doing (like saying what game I’m playing or show I’m watching) or meandering thoughts about something that has currently happened newswise.

Average, I’d say I make a status a day or every other day, maybe.

Apologizes to MsWhatsit, Suburban Plankton, Rhiannon8404, storyteller, IvoryTowerDenizen, and Inner Stickler, who are all FB friends of mine and probably have me hidden by now on there. : p