How to Post a Photo to My OP

Is it possible to upload a small JPG image to my opening post? I keep getting an error message.

You can upload the picture to Imgur, then post a link to the picture in your OP. Other picture hosting sites work as well. The link needs to be on its own line. The link should end in .JPEG

ETA: look at what I’ve done.

You can also open the image in it’s own tab and copy the image link.

Here’s an article explaining how to capture the image address.

I usually copy an image then paste the image into my browser’s address bar. That should put the direct link to the image. Then copy that address from the address bar and paste it into Discourse on its own line with no other text with it. That’s my quick and dirty method.

Note that it’s not a 100% guaranteed method of posting a photo. Sometimes the link is gibberish (especially if it’s directly from a Google search result) or it doesn’t end in an extension that Discourse recognizes as belonging to an image. But it works most of the time. Some images just don’t seem to work so I find something else.

If you insist on using an image that isn’t working, you can also try downloading the image to your computer from the web site, and then…

I seem to recall you could once upload photos from Tinyurl?

/pedantry

Let’s get a ruling from the resident expert. @commasense
:wink:

I’d demand an opinion from @Apostrophyx but he hasn’t posted in over a decade. ;-D

Whenever pedantry raises ITS xmex-like snout and zymolosely polydactile tongue, I stand firmly by its side. Or, in the case of Qadgop the Mercotan, preferably behind.

At least you get to keep your head.
And we should probably stop the hijack here before the Merciless Mods come a-huntin’.

For completeness.
IT IS easy to see when it is necessary to include an apostrophe. It is always about contraction - it is never about possession. That tab: it is explicitly owned. It is not correct to apostrophyse it.

he appears to have kept his email address, however :smiley:

Yay ! It’s Apostrophyx !!

Ah, the persistence of proper punctuation is powerful!! Welcome back!!!