How to turn $500 into more in x amount of time

Tonight I was channel surfing and I caught a bit of the I Want to Work for Diddy Show on VH1. P. Diddy showed up to the contestant’s loft in the early morning hours and gave $500 each to 3 teams of two and set them out on the streets of New York. His challenge was for them to increase this amount of money. I think they gave them something like 4-5 hrs to do so.

One team gave massages and another bought and resold batteries, cold water, and costume jewlery. Both these teams made under $40. The third team created a guess-my-age street game show in which people either guessed one of the contestant’s age correctly in order to win a prize (key chain) or forked over $5. This team made a bit over $400, which I find a bit surprising.

Anyway, my question is, how would you increase $500 in the same amount of time (let’s say 5 hours)? Let’s say your in a reasonably sized city where there are a good amount of people on the streets to solicit for funds if necessary.

So, let’s hear you ideas!

Buy a deck of cards and challenge people to games of 21. Don’t think it’s legal, but it’s probably the most efficient way to increase a wad of cash.

I’d pay for a $100-an-hour hooker and then sublease her services to multiple clients.

Oh yeah, I should point out that I’m not trying to promote criminal activity or anything like that. I think I’d be far too shy to approach people of the street for money legally, or otherwise.

Simple: buy low, sell high.

1. Use the $500 to buy underpants.

2. ???

3. Profit!